Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Austrian Resort for Xmas

Poster: A snowHead
Wise SH's I need educating on Austria. If I was to go over Xmas week which resorts would be best for snow cover (providing it snows). I have always looked at France but should really open my search up.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obergurgl is usually good at Christmas.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lech;
Obergurgl;
Hintertux.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@chrisrawles, ischgl is also a great spot, as snow sure as anywhere and if you like to party hard, there's nowhere better IMO.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@chrisrawles, Zurs, defo!! Some quality hotels with half decent champagne bars if the snow sucks.

If Zurs is a tad pricey look to stay in Stuben or St Christoph, but still ski over to Zurs/Lech. Probably just next door to the best snowfall depths in the Alps - Warth. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@chrisrawles, trust you have very deep pockets for the recommendations thus far. If you are talking about Xmas this year then you have very little prospect of finding anything in Lech and I have never been able to find accommodation in obergurgl when I want to go.

Other options although limited accommodation would be Stubai Gleischer, Sölden and possibly Zell/ Kaprun. All have access to glaciers.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you don't have as deep pockets for the above, the Salzburgerland ski resorts while not high provide good skiing. Even if natural snow cover is questionable they do a great job of having enough skiable. Saalbach, Flachau, Wagrain, Zauchensee or Schladming (technically just outside Salzburgerland!).
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lech was one of few villages in all of the Alps that was white last two horrible christmases. And it is a pretty village on top of that.
But indeed (and logically) there is only limited choice available.
Still it is worth to try.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Left field suggestion: Obertauern. High village, a lot of ski in/ski out accommodation and excellent snow record. I can recommend Hotel Marietta.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've skied Ski Amade many times early season with the snow cannons providing great pistes next to green fields and forests Cool
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cheers all I will have a look and also wait to see what mother natures throws at us this year
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mayrhofen? The Hintertux glacier is nearby as back up.

Or look at Saalbach - very pretty and excellent snowmaking.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Snowsartre, Staying in Klosterle or Langen apartments are £500-£600 for a week to include Xmas, just a couple of miles from the new Stuben access. Probably a quiet way into the enlarged Arlberg system. But I've always thought that skimping on location has its own pitfalls and that on balance it is better to dig deeper into the ski fund just to make sure you get to the snow. Lech village is 1800m, does not have the fiff-raff ski-bums masquerading as "saisonairres" that are rife in France, the Austrian workers in resort tend to be from the resort and treat skiers with a great deal more hospitality, and Lech does have a decent snow record of late. I bet there's shed loads of cheap accommodation in Bulgarian resorts for the Xmas week. *ponders why* ......... Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@skimastaaah, Lech is great, but not at 1800 m; it is at 1444 m. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've done Christmas week in the Zillertal three times now and I've never yet made it up to the glacier - there's always been plenty skiing in the main valley areas. Going back to Kaltenbach for Christmas week this year.
snow report
@HoneyBunny, We won't need it this year, I'm assured wink
ski holidays
@Scarpa, and last Christmas we had a great afternoon's skiing together in and around Wagrain.
latest report
@hammerite, I recall the day snowHead
ski holidays
@chrisrawles, @skimastaaah, if you are happy to drive 15 minutes to resort then as skimaster says affordable accommodation is available in Klosterle for under 700 euros Xmas week e.g.

https://www.booking.com/hotel/at/alpine-lodge-klosterle-am-arlberg.en-gb.html?label=gen173nr-1FCAEoggJCAlhYSDNiBW5vcmVmaFCIAQOYAS64AQfIAQ3YAQHoAQH4AQuSAgF5qAID;sid=3ca684f9c35d56a2fe2f45c006079211;checkin=2016-12-17;checkout=2016-12-24;ucfs=1;room1=A,A;srfid=9604ce6e8e548163a98a05851e7422627fc332d1X1#--
snow report
3@chrisrawles, Check out the Sunday Times Travel Section - Ski Special......... looks like the Ski Editor is a Snowhead who has nicked all my advice and ideas....... well a couple of my good points. "Tip of the Arlberg" sums up just why Stuben particularly is a good bet.

(Apologies to Sean Newsom, Sunday Times Ski Editor, who obviously has done his homework/research on Lech/Zurs) snowHead
ski holidays
@Langerzug, my bad ... I was thinking of the height of St Christoph and I stand corrected and humiliated!!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy