Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chatel Libg area Taxis or Walking Distance to Centre?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Considering staying near in the Linga area of Chatel in Feb but seems to be a bit out of town. On a plus side it's only 150m to Linga Telecabin so easy to get over to Avoriaz and the wider area.

Anyone stayed in the Linga area before? If so:

(A) is the centre within walking distance
(B) are taxis available if we wanted a night out in the village centre
(C) are there any bars or restaurants in the Linga area?

Thanks,

FT
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A). Not really. Very uphill too. Not on the way back mind.....
B). Yes. Go to the Chatel Tourist Office website & you can find them. Pretty certain that the buses stop early evening.
C). A few, but the main ones are in the centre.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Matt, we would probably stay in the centre for a few apres ski drinks abd then head back so down is good!

I have googled buses times but can't find much, one I found said they stop at 5.45pm but that seems too early?

Do you know if taxis are available as would need a trip to the supermarket as a minimum unless there is one on Linga.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The only big supermarket (Intermarche) is about 1 mile from Linga on the road from Linga down to La Chapelle D'Abondance - it's actually not in Chatel, might be on the valley bus route.

Line C: 18h15-18h45-19h15-19h45. Trouble is I don't know if those times are to or from Linga or Chatel centre!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Do you think Linga is worth staying in as the offer we have is very good or would you pay more and be more in the centre?

If the supermarket is too far may just be easier to eat out!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Linga (& Pre La Joux up the valley) are going to give you quicker access to more skiing around Avoriaz / Morzine. If you stay in Chatel then you've got more nightlife, but if you are starting off at the Chatel lifts then the link to Linga takes a bit of time.

Not an expert on the buses etc as I have an apartment in La Chapelle and always rent a car.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fast_ted wrote:
Do you think Linga is worth staying in as the offer we have is very good or would you pay more and be more in the centre?

If the supermarket is too far may just be easier to eat out!

It depends what you want and how much more.

To take the second question first, I wasn't aware that accommodation in the centre was any more expensive.

Regarding what you want, if you want to walk to and from restaurants and bars, the centre has a much bigger selection. As Matt1959 suggested, Linga is good for quicker access to Avoriaz and Morzine, but since they linked the two areas, this is less of an issue. If you're going in Feb, Morzine and Avoriaz areas are going to be the busiest. Chatel's Linga and Pre la Joux areas have some of the best skiing in the PdS in my view and the skiing towards Super Chatel, Torgon and Chappelle are the least crowded during peak times, the only caveat for the latter area being there are a lot of drag lifts.

Vonnes area has become a good place to stay as it gives you very easy access to both directions and is still not to far on foot to the centre.

The supermarket is the same distance whether you stay in the centre or Linga and is easily reachable by bus in apres ski hours. In the centre there are also two other mini-markets.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks snoozeboy, were only planning a 4 night break so accommodation that's available for a short duration is few and far between. For the Chalet near Linga works out at 120€ pp for 4 nights whereas for ones in the centre we would have to pay for the week (of ones I've found so far that is) so works out about double the price. Certainly warming to it as have always wanted to stay in chatel
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Chatel's Linga and Pre la Joux areas have some of the best skiing in the PdS

This.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Linga is an nice place to stay - there is one small shop (look on google) near the fork and there is a very good restaurant within walking distance. http://www.renardhotel.com/ The Linga lift makes it easy.

You don't need to use the supermarked, as there are a number of good small shops in the centre - though some distance to walk.

However the skibus towords Pre La Joux is quite packed in the morning - and often does not stop. We had a rooftop and drove up to Pre La Joux as there is a huge free parking place there, this was a very good way to get around.

If you like party Linga is NOT the place.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy