Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any views on Whitestorm ski hire in Courchevel...?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are off to the Courchevel, and (once again) I can't afford to buy my own skis and actually go and use them this year....

So any views on Whitestorm.fr, or other ski hire shops (preferably convenient for 1850)?

Their range seems okay (though they don't have the Brahma, which is what I really want) but if the service is good I'm sure I can bite the bullet and have a go with something else. The other option I'm considering is FRANCIS BLANC SPORTS in 1650 (Skimium don't seem to have a shop in 1850 now?). Having only stayed in La Tania before, I'm not familiar with the main layout when not on skis... is ski pickup in 1650 really impractical?

I'm fairly certain I will be asked multiple questions by my ski group about where to hire fairly shortly so any SH wisdom would be most appreciated.

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
... I'm guessing from the radio-silence it is a big fat 'no' on anybody trying this place....? Shocked

(Meaning a trip to Skimium down in 1650 might be more sensible)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I (well, my wife) used Whitestorm in La Tania last year. They were fine, especially considering the price.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@kieranm, thanks - the price was what made me a little suspicious to be honest...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You will probably get higher spec gear and more choice from other places like skimium. I.e. it's perhaps cheaper for a reason. But the service and equipment was all OK when you take that into account.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Travelling with a group to La Praz in January. First time in La Praz although we have been to La Tania on several previous trips. Some of our group require to hire equipment and the Chalet Company are recommending Whitestorm. Fingers crossed, or as trip organiser, I imagine my ears will be bleeding! 😰
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@jasmck159, To be fair to Whitestorm, I've looked and not found any bad reviews of their delivery service / staff.

The only negative has been the odd one on Trip Advisor about their shop in La Tania, but even that just describes the standard Sport 2000 experience that I've previously had elsewhere. The main negative review is also a little light on detail about the 'poor quality equipment' (i.e. did they book the budget package, did they specify equipment..?).

I am currently leaning towards Skimium, but that is mainly because of the range of kit on offer rather than any horror story about Whitestorm.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No idea re Whitestorm, but I'd have thought a pickup from 1650 would be a nightmare.

From my limited Courchevel experience (I've been once), I seem to remember 1650 to 1850 not being particularly quick or easy to do.....I seem to remember there being loads of shops in 1850, surely you can hire through one of these??
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've used Whitestorm in 1850 for my daughter a few years ago, and my friend and his family have used them in 1850 for 4 years. Great service and they deliver to your door. Never had a problem.

I've also used skimium in 1850. The shop is called Ski Republic, but is part of the skimium family. It's a short walk from the top of the luge starting point. I have used these guys for 2 years running as they are super cheap. It's a tiny shop, but they ferry stuff up from the shop in 1650 if needed. The guys are really friendly and very chilled (lots of rasta cultural references, flags and decorations in the shop, which gives an insight to their lifestyle Very Happy ). They didn't have skis small enough for my son and the following day I went back to pick up a new pair which they had got from 1650.

I would say that picking up skis from 1650, if staying in 1850, would be a real faff to be honest.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I used white storm last year in Courchevel. They were great with decent equipment for 3 good skier and my 4year old.

Could choose specific equipment in advance but what they had in the shop was a good selection.

Guys and girls in the shop were great really helpful all were spoke English natively which helped with my little one and made discussing my skier easier.

Yes they deliver to all the hotels but we walked down to resort to pick up, see the selection and have a beer Smile

I think if you have something specific in life call them and check, but in general they were good for us
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We stayed in 1650 in Jan 16 and used Skimum. I wouldn't say it was impractical to hire from 1650 if staying in 1850. We have chosen to stay in 1850 this time but will be going back to Skimum to hire. However, we will pick our skis up on our way through on the transfer.

We quite often got the bus from 1650 to 1850 with our skis, no problem at all.

I'm struggling to find any good hire prices in 1850 for w/c 29th Jan.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@lewin, yes, the only option with a really quite decent spread of kit in 1850 seems to be skiset who are also reasonably pricey by comparison...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just an update on this - we did go with Whitestorm in the end and the service was great. The skis were as advertised and in great condition (we opted for the diamond package).

The staff were also super quick in responding to a range of emailed questions which was ultimately what made me decide to go with them, and they delivered / picked up our skis with no fuss in plenty of time for our first day on the slopes.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy