Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Weekend in Austria - how to find accommodation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for a bit of advice - I have volunteered to organise a weekend's skiing (Thur-Mon) in January in Austria for a group of 6 - looking at St Anton, Ischgl or Solden. What is the best way to find accommodation? I know a lot of places don't like to take weekenders (they hold out as long as possible for full week bookings) and none of the online booking sites are showing anything at all available in any of these resorts. Is there an easier way to find some accommodation, or is it necessary to start ringing round / emailing lots of individual hotels and pensions?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
>> ringing round / emailing lots of individual hotels and pensions?

This
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@MontyP, send an email to the tourist information, they will pass it to all the owners....well they do in Flachau.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
St Anton tourist office are more useless than a chocolate fire guard re accommodation. They will point to availability that doesn't exist then shrug and say they can't force hotels/pensions to keep the info up to date.

Be warned you'll be unikely to get an advanced booking for a group of 6 this far out in most resorts over a weekend. Look for valley hotels or be prepared to take a punt at shorter notice.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Change your days to Saturday to Wednesday and you will have a lot more luck.

We stayed here for a long weekend about 6 or 7 years ago, a bit of a slog up from the lifts though.

http://www.haus-burger-arlberg.at/index.php?id=11&L=en
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@MontyP, I stayed here last year: www.europahotel.at/en/

It was a really wonderful family hotel, right by one of the main lifts. They were happy to take our booking for 10 days, and I specifically asked the owner if she took short bookings and not Sat-Sat bookings. She said that any booking was good, and they had no problem selling odd days left over at the last minute.

So drop them and email or even better call. If they cannot help you, they will pass you onto folks who can.

Have a great time!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy