Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Coches

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello All - I am off to Les Coches for Christmas and New Year this year (last year was just for new years so this year I am extending)...and I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a restaurant for Christmas Day? I am planning to go self catering but don't much fancy wasting christmas day slaving over a hot stove...

Not even sure if the restaurants open on christmas day?!? I assume all the lifts will be open...

Thanks! Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@PMP, I doubt if any restaurants will be closed that day, but they will be quiet so I doubt if you will need to book. Christmas Eve, however, would be a different question.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@johnE, thanks for the reply! Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
And the lifts will certainly be open.

Enjoy.. I am there 17th to 24th - will wave on my way out.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Layne, haha! thanks! enjoy! Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
La Taverne du Monchu, best restaurant there by some margin when I was last there (2013). Right on the main square. Book.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hey @PMP,

Everything in Les Coches is open as normal on x-mas eve and x-mas day, but it is worth booking in advance for either.

My personal recommendation would be La Poya (upmarket french and local food) or Le Table de Tarin (steaks, burgers, salads, pizzas, local stuff).

None of the french restaurants will serve turkey and the trimmings type meals on Christmas day (it's not what the french eat at x-mas) but both of the above are good, nice food.

Happy holidays!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We love Les Coches its attached to a huge area and has great uplift and is high enough to be snow sure for most of the season , there are numerous decent restaurants Monchu in main square , L'origan do a great pizza and La Poya near the office de tourisme gets forgotten as it is on its own on the road , its a hidden gem of paradiski
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just bought our family ski pass with the early booking discount and looking forward to xmas week based in Les Coches
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Love L'Origan for the great welcome and great pizza, really enjoy La Poya too, a little pricey but well worth it.

We ate in La Taverne du Monchu 2 years ago for our Christmas (Eve) meal, had a very disappointing experience; poor food, and awful service, at an inflated price, with little extras added to the bill. Might have been a one off, and could well have changed by now, but even the kids talk about how bad that meal was 2 years on! Was compelled to review at the time, and since noticed a similarly poor review from someone else for last christmas at the same. Maybe worth a visit at other times, know friends who have enjoyed eating there but would avoid at Christmas, left a really bad taste at the time.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy