Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski binding adjustment

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have been looking at a few options for bindings for a new pair of skis for the upcoming season (can't wait Very Happy )

It's always tricky, however, when mounting new bindings in new skis to find the mount point that feels best when skiing, hence the temptation to choose bindings that all some fore-after adjustment (like Marker Schizo bindings), which gives flexibility to fine tune based on conditions and/or preference.

Having said that, most other bindings also have a declared adjustment range, which allows adjusting for different boot sizes etc.

Would it be possible to use this adjustment range to move the boot centre forward or backwards? The bindings I'm looking at have an adjustment range of 32 mm (Salomon Warden), so could potentially use the range to move 1cm forwards for example. Any experience with doing this, or is this simply not an option?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skibomb wrote:
.......The bindings I'm looking at have an adjustment range of 32 mm (Salomon Warden), so could potentially use the range to move 1cm forwards for example. Any experience with doing this, or is this simply not an option?

Not possible I'm afraid. The Warden, like any binding that's not a Demo/Test/Schizo binding has a fixed position toe so you cannot change the fore/aft position of the boot on the ski without redrilling the ski. The adjustment range that's in the heel is there for the fine setting of the forward pressure &/or minor changes in boot sole length etc.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 19-10-16 21:18; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ah shame - didn't think that the adjustment was only really in the heel:(

Thanks as always for your input Spyderjon.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm not a fan of the Schizo as the wire cable connection is easily kinked & I've seen too many of the connecting linkages go 'twang'. Better option is the Marker Squire Demo or the Griffon Demo which has independent length adjustment in both the toe & heel.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thx! I'll have a look at those - weight is a consideration so will check specs - but the Griffon demo seems hard to come by.

Guess 2 sets of holes with inserts might also be an option:)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@skibomb, unlike other demo bindings the Squire/Griffon Demo's add no stack height or weight - well they might be a few grams heavier but not so you'd notice.

I've got Squire Demo's in stock & can order in Griffon Demo's in a few days. Note that the new 16/17 Griffon Demo's have a new mounting pattern but I have the new jig for them as well Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@spyderjon, I will send you a PM.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy