Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Adjusting Head bindings for boot length

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi. I've got new skis for my wife and I am confused by the bindings.
The boot length is 305mm. The boot is Nordica MP265.
If I put both sides of the binding to this interval (299-306 front and 303-310 in rear) the boot does not fit. I have to move the binding by one step at both ends for the boot to fit, but the the indicators are way off (307-314 in front and 311-318 in rear).
Also, the boot seems to be off center (assuming that the center is the narrowest part of the black plastic cover).
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
See photo here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B13yg_kgVOSBOVpvdFhGM3dUT00
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can the forward pressure be adjusted to allow for the BSL, when the front and rear are set as per the indicators?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What do you mean by BSL?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
boot sole length
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boot sole length in mm's; the number printed on the sole of the boot; in your case 305mm.

It would be unlikely that the bindings would not accept your boot sole length when the toe piece is set to 209-306 and the heel at 303-310. Are you sure that the forward pressure has not been set so tight that it prevents your boot from fitting correctly?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@ZuikiZ, unless you are absolutely sure you know what you are doing - and can correctly adjust the bindings - not just so that the boot 'fits' but also so the forward pressure and toe height (if adjustable) are spot on and the DINs are set correctly - you should take them to a shop and have a professional set them up. It's really not worth breaking a leg for the sake of a few quid.
If you do go to a shop take (one of) the boots, and ideally your wife too (or at least know her height, weight, age and skiing ability).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi. I am looking for someone who has dealt with Head Joy 9 bindings. I have no previous experience with these, but I am not a novice. I have set Marker, Solomon and Look/Rossi bindings. The bindings on these Head skis are factory mounted and there is no visible center mark on the skis (Head rep has confirmed lack of center mark).
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Must be a manual online. But given it is a system binding you just adjust the heel and toe to somewhere where it will fit - making sure you adjust both skis similarly. If your wife doesn't like the position move both fore or aft a notch or two and retry. Worth taking a screwdriver out with you first day.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
...or are you saying it's just one of those dodgy system bindings where one screw moves both toe & heel. Well in that case you've only got one position for a particular boot so like it or lump it or take it back to the shop if it isn't fit for purpose.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Posting this off my phone by memory of that binding as I can't be ar$ed to google it or follow your link.

Position the toe binding on the rail so that it's position corresponds to the boot sole length in mm stamped on the side of the heel of the boot - which will give you the correct fore/aft positioning of the boot on the ski.

Disregard the length scale on the heel track as, as you've now discovered, is likely to be bollux.

On the silver metal length adjustment lever at the rear of the heel binding you should have a series of scribed lines (about 5/6 of 'em) running across the top of the lever. With the boot out of the binding all of the lines are visible behind the rear face of the binding.

Now position the heel binding on the track such that when the boot is installed half of the lines are covered by the heel binding. It doesn't have to be dead on covering half of the lines, in fact if the rear face of the binding is within the lines with the boot installed then the binding is then adjusted to standard but the near the middle the better.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy