Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing insurance for the over 70s for the USA

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a big birthday coming up and will need to find an insurer that will cover me for my annual trip skiing in the USA.

I hit 70 next year and know that many companies will no longer cover me.

To complicate things I am a Brit but live on a sailboat in the Caribbean so will be flying in to the US from Grenada Antigua or Martinique. Lots of companies seem to refuse to cover people who start from outside their home country.

So does anyone have any experience with over 70 coverage and even better if they started their trip from outside their home country ?

Or does anyone know of a flexible insurance company ?

In recent years I have used Atlas Insurance also known as Tokio Marine HCC but they dramatically reduce the max payout and I am not sure that $100,000 is enough in the USA.
Quote:

U.S. Citizens and Non-U.S. Citizens who are at least 14 days of age are eligible for coverage outside
of their home countries, except as provided under home country coverage, under this plan.
Individuals age 70 to 79 as of the certificate effective date are subject to a $100,000 overall maximum
limit or less. Individuals age 80 and over as of the certificate effective date are subject to a $10,000
overall maximum limit.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have just been looking at Nationwides Flexi Plus account which includes travel insurance amongst other things like breakdown cover and mobile phone cover. For my Aunt aged 92 the health insurance, including winter sports in the States Smile would work out at £170 per annum - £10 per month for the account plus a £50 fee for being over 75 (there is a screening process over the phone). However you do have to reside in the UK and confirm your trip starts and ends in the UK. Its a very good deal for many if you can meet the residency requirements!

Oh and there is a minimum payment into the account per month! (£750 I believe)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@CaravanSkier, Then not of much help to te original poster. Hopefully might be to someone els though.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I am 72 I got single trip insurance including wintersports from the AA. It could be worthwhile checking on their website
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

I am not sure that $100,000 is enough in the USA

@TQA, it definitely is not enough.

Try Squaremouth, it's a comparison site for US customers but should also work for your circumstance.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Old Man Of Lech wrote:
@CaravanSkier, Then not of much help to te original poster. Hopefully might be to someone els though.
Indeed I posted the information because the tittle attracted my attention as we have a trip to the USA coming up. If it caught my eye I thought it might catch others with an interest. Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy