Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Marker Griffon Demo Bindings.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking at a pair of 2015 ex-demo skis fitted with the above bindings.

V light use allegedly. My question being, am I going to lose anything with demo bindings?

I always think 'rental', should I get over it? Madeye-Smiley

I'm a 50yo tidy skier, not a young buck flyer. Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Griffon Demo binding is a bit rattly at the toe but unlike other demo bindings it doesn't add any weight or height compared to the regular Griffon. Plus they allow you to play with the fore/aft mounting position & to unwind both the toes & heels off the binding (leaving the bases on the ski) to travel etc. Usual Griffon/Jester problem of them running a lot of forward pressure meaning that they're a b1tch to click in to with any kind of snow on your boot & especially in powder.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Get your hands on other demo plates and you'll be laughing re mounting a quiver. I ski like a ballerina obviously but have a fair amount of heft and haven't had any adverse performance issues. I'd probably give you 15 quid for the plates alone if you did decide to swop em.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers fellas. Your input is much appreciated as always. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I had standard Griffons and hated them...as Spyderjon said, they can be a devil to click into with any snow on boot...really really stiff. Perhaps as a lightweight female skier I was at a disadvantage. I am so much happier with Salomon bindings, and would never buy Marker bindings again... Sad (also has the Squires on another pair of skis, troublesome for different reasons).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Perty wrote:
. Perhaps as a lightweight female skier I was at a disadvantage.

Being neither of the above, hopefully I'll have more success. Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A friend runs a pair if ex demo Line Sick Day 95s on Griffon Demos, which I borrow when I visit him travelling hand luggage only.

A bit rattly at the toe compared to my usual Marker Jester or Look Pivot 14, but frankly I have never had any issues in everything from piste, powder, through crud, slush and getting air in the park. Also means that you can lend your skis to mates (this may be a bad thing).

I'd have no concerns.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Harry Flashman, Cheers. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy