Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zell linked to Saalbach Hinterglemm - the magic piste / space-time vortex

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have read that there is a wormhole (piste or ski route) that connects Zell am See with the massive Saalbach area is this true? How do we find it and is it a ski bus w*nker journey back to Zell again?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Snowsartre, The first stage of the link is in place and ready for the coming season. There is a new lift 'ZellamseeExpress' and a new piste #21 that both finish 2/3 of the way down the mountain above Viehhofen. See www.schmitten.at/de/winter/skigebiet/pistenplan

The bottom part of the link is a trail X4 that finishes by the Saalbach valley road, from where you can catch a free skibus to Jausern/Schönleitenbahn to access the Ski Circus. Busses are every 20 mins and the journey takes 5 minutes. You'll need a joint Zell/Ski Circus Ski Alpin lift pass to ski both areas, unless you buy an expensive day ticket for the Ski Circus.

To get back to Zell you take the Postbus 680 from any point in the valley. Note that the Postbus stops are on the valley road, not in the skibus stations. Buses run once an hour and are included in the Zell lift pass. I'm sure you're allowed to wink at people along the way.

The plan for the next year or two is to complete the link by building the bottom part of the lift and piste down to Viehhofen, planned for winter 2018-19, and putting in a lift on the opposite side of the valley up to the Saalbach pistes.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@quinton thanks for the reply. I thought that it was possible to ski across to Saalbach lift system rather than need to get a bus? I know that the only way back to Zell was by bus.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Snowsartre, the new piste from the Schmitten will drop you in to Viehofen. It's possible to ski from the Schönleiten/Asitz and the rest of the Ski Circus down in to Viehofen but there is no lift up in to the area from there (yet), you have to get a bus.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Snowsartre, More info here www.schmitten.at/en/winter/ski-area/zellamseexpress

The end of the trail is a couple of km from the Schönleiten lift, so a bus is required. I'm assuming that it will be possible to use the Viehhofen-Jausern/Schönleiten bus to reach the Saalbach lift at Schönleiten, but this bus only runs when Piste 68 is open down to Viehhofen. Otherwise the options are a taxi or the hourly Postbus.

The general assumption is that once the lower part of the piste and lift from Zell is in place for 2018-19, there will also be a lift up from Viehhofen to the Saalbach pistes, and a more reliable piste down to Viehhofen. At present Piste 68 is glorious and unspoilt by anything such as snow cannons or over-grooming. At its best, it really is one of the most fun runs anywhere. Unfortunately it is only at its best for 7-10 days a year and is closed for most of the season because it is south-facing and has no snow making.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I had the pleasure to ski piste 68 last year after the first big dump of the season, before it had even been marked never mind groomed. Simply marvelous. Worth doing several loops on the ski bus for.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Definitely our favourite piste ever!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@quinton, better hope we get very lucky then at beginning of March!

@hammerite, understood, will have to check lift passes.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
quinton wrote:
At present Piste 68 is glorious and unspoilt by anything such as snow cannons or over-grooming. At its best, it really is one of the most fun runs anywhere.

I had the pure joy of experiencing this! One of my all-time ski run highlights. As some wise man once said..

"You'll like this..." wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy