Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alta Badia to Tigne?!?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
anyone know if there would be a reasonably practical and affordable way to get from San Cassiano, Alta Badia to Tignes ?
It seems unlikely!

We have a family ski holiday first week Jan, turns out it overlaps by two days with ski-trip to Tignes at my daughter's University.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@simonx, I take it there's just your daughter who'd be travelling? Will you have a car with you in San Cassiano to take her the first leg of the journey to an airport or train station? Failing that you'll have to rely on coach/bus service or taxi to an airport or train station. I presume the rest of the University trip travellers will be arriving at Geneva airport so if she can meet up with them there at the appropriate time there'll be onward travel to Tignes already provided?
I think as you say a practical and affordable way is unlikely. By air from Venice to Geneva e.g on Swiss via Zurich is showing 440 Euros one way! Train is a lot more affordable but slower, she might have to travel the previous day and overnight in Geneva. Trenitalia is showing a train trip from Brunico/Bruneck to Geneva (with only 2 changes at Fortezza/Franzenfeste and Verona) from 133.75 Euros
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@simonx, There is a train from Milan to Chambery and you can change there for the train to Bourg St Maurice so it is possible if there is a bus from San Cassiano to Milan.
Shouldn't be too difficult getting to Tignes from Bourg.

Bourg to Tignes bus timetable can be found here - https://www.altibus.com/documents/gares/9/navettes.pdf

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sat 15-10-16 10:28; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys, she'll be on her own, I think the Uni trip is by coach, will look into the train options you mention, thanks.
We won't have a car.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@simonx, Good news! It seems that Easyjet are doing direct flights from Venice to Geneva, as an example on Friday 6th Jan there is a flight departing Venice Marco Polo airport 12:15 arriving Geneva 13:30 for currently 52.99Euros (20.80 Euros extra for hold baggage but no flight on the Saturday though). Getting to Venice Marco Polo there is a coach transfer from Cortina bus station on Cortina Express. The link I've given is to the Autumn timetable but if they stick to those times for winter than you'll see that the coach leaves Cortina at 08:30 and arrives at Venice Airport (Marco Polo) at 10:30 which is ideal for the Easyjet flight. So your daughter would just need to get to Cortina bus station. I think that Cortina Express themselves do feeder bus routes into Cortina - you'll see on their homepage they have an icon for Alta Badia (which includes San Cassiano) but the icon doesn't link to any timetables yet. About 3 years ago I used Cortina Express to go from Colfosco to Cortina where I transferred onto the Venice airport coach and from memory the connecting coach went through San Cassiano, but best to check with them. Failing that or other local bus services then you could always arrange for a taxi from San Cassiano to Cortina to meet the airport transfer coach.

Hope this helps. snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@skichampcouk, actually you only need to get the bus to Bozen from there there is a train to Milan (changing at Verona).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
johnE wrote:
@skichampcouk, actually you only need to get the bus to Bozen from there there is a train to Milan (changing at Verona).

The trouble is I'm not sure if there is a bus service from San Cassiano to Bozen/Bolzano?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Alastiare, that's great info, thanks Cool
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Last year, we caught the Cortina express from Corvara to Venice. And it definately goes via San Cassiano. The bus stop is on the road that goes around the town (Strada Provinciale 37), rather than on the road through the centre itself. If I remember correctly the stop is opposite what looks like the fire station near the Lagacio Mountain residence.

There is definately no bus service to Bolzano from San Cassiano. You can catch a bus from San Cassiano to Brunico or San Lorenzo (you will have to change busses at La Villa); then catch a train to Fortezza and change there onto the main line train down to Verona and onwards.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy