Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Insurance with ski pass worth 18€?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just booking grand-massif passes and tempted to go for there insurance, 54€ for the three of us and no hassle seems a good deal?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@harrim51, yes, in our opinion. If you have the insurance and there is a problem on mountain they can tell immediately that you are insured directly from your lift pass, which means there'll be no one chasing after you for a credit card and/or insurance details just when you don't need any hassle. Some of the cover is likely to be a duplicate of your regular insurance, but a lot is not.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, if book now, I get a slight discount, so makes even better value(apart from €-£ rate)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

there'll be no one chasing after you for a credit card and/or insurance details

or taking your skis as a hostage till their bill is paid - which is standard practice, and just more hard work for the uninjured party who is dashing around sorting things out.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes. Three euros a day each, if you are buying the pass for six days, worth it for the lack of hassle.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@harrim51, As always, do read the small print:

http://winter.grand-massif.com/ski-insurance

You'll still need to bring your EHIC card:

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcareabroad/EHIC/Pages/about-the-ehic.aspx

Note that medical expenses cover is limited to €3,050, and only within the timeframe of the ski pass itself. There are other limitations.

I'm not sure what extra cover the ski-pass insurance gives you over your normal travel insurance (that needs to cover skiing anyway). I can see the ski-pass insurance being good for French locals; but not much use for foreigners.

I always carry a credit card, EHIC card and travel insurance card with me at all times on the slopes. Plus I've had friends who've been taken off the slopes in France by blood-wagon or even helicoptered off, and the relevant rescue services have been nothing but helpful and only approached them much later for their insurance details so they can deal directly with the insurance company themselves.

One guy I knew was taken off the slopes by blood-wagon in Meribel, France, and the piste rescue services guys just shrugged when we offered a credit card and insurance details. Very Happy

But others here have more knowledge and experience than me, and it would be good to hear more opinions. Thanks! Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gone with it, more is better, hopefully not needed!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes, it gets you off the mountain to the 1st point of treatment no quibble.

Doesn't matter how they get you off whether by blood wagon, skidoo, helicopter, ambulance or any combination of these nor where that 1st point of treatment is... In grand massif it could be cabinet medical, Cluses, Sallanches or Annecy.

But don't think it covers you for everything, once you're at the 1st point of treatment that's where the cover ends and you start to pay and hopefullynclaim back.

So, you could be taken in a blood wagen to a poste de secours up the mountain who call a helicopter, which takes you to a car park half way down where an ambulance meets you and takes you to the cab med all covered.

The cab med could then give you a bill for their work but can't resolve so call and ambulance to take you to the valley but they'll want paying before they take you and then the hospital in cluses give you an invocie to pay before you're discharged and leave you to your own devices to get pack to resort!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@harrim51, yes, I didn't mean that it would be all you need but it can make life easier.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have friends who use this rather than the more expensive UK travel insurance. It is quite comprehensive, even to the point of repatriation, but does require you to have your ehic.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
johnE wrote:
I have friends who use this rather than the more expensive UK travel insurance. It is quite comprehensive, even to the point of repatriation, but does require you to have your ehic.

Please check this harrimb51 (and anyone else reading this) as my understanding is that it does not cover you for repatriation and neither will your EHIC!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for all help. We have winter sports cover with bank and with this top up should be covered.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@marcellus, see http://www.carreneige.com/accueil.en.html, particularly

Quote:

9 – Does Carré Neige cover medical repatriation services ?

Yes, if you live in a European country, with Carré Neige you can benefit from medical repatriation via Europ Assistance to your place of fiscal residence without the need for advance payment.

* Geographic Europe

I assumed that the OP lived in a European country
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Carte Neige (which is for the season) does cover for repatriation. I was in anoff piste group and a lady tore her calf, she was treated and flew home, but it was all within the fairly low maximum amount. IMHO it is worth having but it is not a replacement for holiday insurance, as it only works when you are on skis (or board) so if you knock yourself out coming out of the pub it doesn't help.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy