Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

tignes le lac parking

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I can see the official, expensive car parks that are available in tignes le lac however i wondered if anyone has any experience of roadside / free parking at all. the apartment we are looking at is on Rue de la post near the chardonnet drag lift - towards the Val Claret side of le lac. any advice appreciated. we will be staying there 1st week of April. thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@backhojo, I usually rent an apartment that looks out onto the Rue de la Poste, the Police are very efficient at towing away cars that are parked for any length of time.

Nearest free parking is in Tignes 1800.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This Easter, I stayed in the same area. I unloaded then left the car in the free parking in Les Boisses. Navette goes right to the car park there and the bus station in Le Lac is only a few minutes walk from where you'll be.

Let me know if it's the Bec Rouge apartments as someone showed me how to get a car into the underground parking without a remote for the door. Made unloading a lot easier.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mountainaddict has free parking in Tignes down to a fine art. I'm sure he will be along soon to comment...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My take? Depends very much when you are leaving (if it's super early, forget about picking up a bus to the dam).

Sometimes it's £50 well spent.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@backhojo, Parking on Rue de la Poste for more than unloading is a definite no, as rjs says. The same goes for the continuation of the road past Chardonnet drag. The nearest carpark for where you are is Lac3. Yes it may seem expensive, but is very convenient for where you are thinking of staying compared to using the free areas at 1800, especially if you want to make a quick getaway when leaving. Which appartments are you looking at?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Here we go backhojo:

We stay in Tignes Val Claret, which has 2hrs free parking in the main outdoor car park - great for loading/unloading on departure/arrival days. Not sure if a similar arrangement applies in Le Lac.

Regardless, even if (because of arrival or departure times) you have to pay for a night or two, you can park free at:

- Tignes 1800. Check it out on the drive up to Le Lac. Turn right at the roundabout after crossing the dam; immediately first left; follow the road along past the front of the new apartments; bear right at the end; down the hill to the free car park.

There's then a free bus connection up to Le Lac from the bus shelter at the roundabout near the dam; OR the Les Boisses gondola is right next to the free car park - useful during lift opening hours for direct access to the slopes. NB: There is seemingly no lift ticket office at Tignes 1800/Les Boisses - at least not last season, although that may change with the new apartment developments there.

Note: A shovel and/or chains may be needed to exit the parking after a snowfall. Keep an eye on the weather and dig the car out a day or two before departure if possible.

The second option is to park free next to the gondola station at Les Brevieres, which is at 1500m, so is below the main Le Lac and Val Claret areas. This car park is most feasibly used during skiing hours as it's a bit more of a faff to move/collect the car. Still doable though.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I would definitely leave the car at 1800 and get the bus up to Le Lac, or pay for the covered parking. This would be a lot more convenient than finding a back road in Lavachet... and crossing your fingers that you don't get towed.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thanks for your advice everyone. I will consider all the options. cheers
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy