Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Warren Smith workshop tour

Poster: A snowHead
Went to the one last night at Ellis Brigham in Glasgow. Highly recommend it for anyone. Very interesting
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can you give some more information about this please , i.e. was it skiing ?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@snowxxx, details here: https://www.ellis-brigham.com/advice-inspiration/blogs/events/ski-technique-lab-uk-tour

I'm going to the London, St. Paul's one - it was 8 quid and is 5 minutes from work, so for the price of a pint why not!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ok thanks @Tubaski, looks good but there are no ellis-brighams near me , so probably wont go
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pity it wasn't better advertised - I'd have been interested to to go along.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Just stumbled upon it on planetski. Believe they advertised on there plus their own FB
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What did they actually do @boabski, ?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tubaski wrote:
@snowxxx, details here: https://www.ellis-brigham.com/advice-inspiration/blogs/events/ski-technique-lab-uk-tour

I'm going to the London, St. Paul's one - it was 8 quid and is 5 minutes from work, so for the price of a pint why not!

£8 for a Pint..... Shocked Shocked Shocked
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
Tubaski wrote:

£8 for a Pint..... Shocked Shocked Shocked

I might be exagerating a bit - but it's over £5 a pint in the pubs round there, so it is less than the price of 2 pints! I remember going to the rooftop bar on top of One New Change (where the Ellis Brigham store is) about 3 years ago and paying about £4 for a draft beer - I thought that wasn't as expensive as I expected until I realised it was a schoner (2/3 pint) - so over £6 a pint Sad
Back in the day when I did bar work a schoner was 2/3 gill and used for sherry!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@kitenski, http://www.planetski.eu/news/8206
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@boabski, cheers so is it just a presentation?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kitenski wrote:
@boabski, cheers so is it just a presentation?

"This autumn the ski instructor, Warren Smith, and his Academy team are touring around the UK giving a series of Ski Technique Lab talks.....

The lectures are held in October in Ellis Brigham stores across the UK.

The Ski Technique Lab talks .......

The talks explain the...."

kitenski, which particular words are you having trouble with? rolling eyes Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@spyderjon, Laughing So presumably its a powerpoint/ video promo/ selling event....
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@spyderjon, I was hoping it would be on snow for part of it, you can "talk" then ski or ski then talk Smile
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@kitenski, or talk then talk
snow report
@kitenski, Definately no actual skiing involved - some of the venues are EB stores which are not at a ski slope!
snow report
kitenski wrote:
@spyderjon, I was hoping it would be on snow for part of it, you can "talk" then ski or ski then talk Smile

Yes I'd have thought an optional skiing session would be feasible for the venues with a slope, given he's made the journey anyway. I didn't make it along myself but would def. have been interested.

@boabski, did they do range tests on many of the attendees?
ski holidays
Everyone did 3 tests which involved your range of movement. This made it quite apparent to me why I'm stronger turning one way over the other. They demonstrated a few routines to work on at home to help increase your range. I personally did feel like it was a sales pitch.
The tests were done with Warren and his colleague Rob
snow report
@boabski, sounds useful indeed, and fair enough on the sales pitch as it gets them in front of potential clients.

I do think their point with this is quite valid, i.e. if minor physical limitations can be ironed out at home then that hopefully increases what can be done on the hill. E.g. in my own case I've been working to correct a large difference in leg strength (rather than range) before investing in further ET training.
ski holidays
@boabski, curious as to what test made it apparent why you are stronger on one side..
snow report
Typo. I did NOT feel like it was a sales pitch.
@skimottaret, the excercise keeping your hips static whilst moving your feet as close as 90 degrees in either direction.
snow report
boabski wrote:
Typo. I did NOT feel like it was a sales pitch.

Ah, even better Smile
ski holidays
@boabski, thanks, I like a lot of their testing programme and it is useful to have a few field tests like that to help uncover physical blockages and lack of symmetry. we do some similar things but they tend to be more focused on injury prevention and basic ski ski fitness... The rotation test is a good one and you can typically improve your range of movement fairly quickly with targeted exercises... I suffer from a lack of symmetry in my lateral flex and it hurts my skiing. Note to self do my exercises !!
snow report
@skimottaret, I'll be trying your fitness test again when I feel my weak leg/knee is ready, aiming to even up the Penta Hop distances a bit.
snow conditions
For those that might be interested they did a Facebook live broadcast of the session tonight and you can watch it in the videos section of their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/WarrenSmithSkiAcademy/
I was in the audience and thought it was pretty interesting and certainly not a hard sell. Worth the 8 quid!
ski holidays
Are these on again this year?
ski holidays
@DanFuller, I'd guess Warren is a bit busy at the moment Wink They were a pre-season thing so maybe check EB's website over the summer.
Or just watch the video back...
latest report
@Tubaski Very Happy

I'd checked his site but nothing there. Wlll keep you posted
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy