Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Weekender in the Brenta Dolomites/Skirama?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know erstwhile stropmerchant Wyneo might have the skinny but anyone know the drill on how to do a 3 day weekend in the Brenta Dolomite Skirama ski area (Madonna, Folgarida etc flying frrm London (Gatwick pref)? Not fussy about resort base which might be dictated by ease of travel. Parameters are maximise ski time, minimise days or hours off work e.g. Thurs evening flight return late night Sunday. No luxury accommodation required. Food quality taken as a given as it is Italia.

Ta
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think Verona is the quickest Airport. You can get across from Venice (Flights from Gatwick are quite reasonable) but not sure how far.

Madonna is in the middle of it all but also, by far, the most expensive
Andalo/Paganella are on the other side of the Brenta Massif. Not so extensive skiing, not linked to Skirama but quieter and even better views IMHO.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Dave of the Marmottes, Innsbruck isn't that far if you can't get a suitable flight to Verona, it is quite a small airport. Why Brenta region in particular?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hotel Gran Baita in Folgarida I think accept bookings by the night. Fly to Verona, hire a car and it's about a two hour drive. Folgarida is one of the sleepy satellite villages for Madaonna di Campiglio. Andalo is a bit closer to Verona, but Campiglio is better skiing all round.

The Gran Baita is a comfortable and reasonably priced hotel, either a short walk to the main gondola out of town, or take their very efficient minibus to shuttle to the uplift.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There's good rail access to there.
There's an urban railway runs out of Trento up the Vale de Sole.
Coming into Verona, most people would take the main-line to Trento and grab the Treno Urbano from there but if your mainline train stops at Mezocorona (sp?), it can be a little quicker to change there.

You can get off at Malé for Folgarida and get a taxi up but I'd look at Marileva as the train goes all the way to it where there's a gondola, part of the main system.
It's also a little closer to the connection between the Folgarida area and the Madonna part.
There are some good runs in Folgarida and an absolutely stonkin cake shop but Madonna has the class both on and off the snow.
Gregory and I did all the black runs in a day there once - and there are quite a few!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Scarlet wrote:
@Dave of the Marmottes, Innsbruck isn't that far if you can't get a suitable flight to Verona, it is quite a small airport. Why Brenta region in particular?

Nah Innsbruck is Shiite for weekend flights and it'd be nuts to fly there and not just ski somewhere localish.

Why Brenta? Basically I've got 3 days free lift tix and I've never been so I thought it was worth a punt.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Stayed in Pinzolo last Feb half term. Nice enough town and linked by Gondola to the main Madonna area. I think it took about 1 hr 40 minutes (ish?) to drive to the airport to drop son and D I L off. Found a lovely 3 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment on Airbnb. (not your average French shoe box wink )
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Dave of the Marmottes, fair enough, but there's closer skiing in Obereggen, Carezza and Val di Fassa if you've not been there.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It is worth a visit. It's not huge on off-piste opportunities although there are some but it is a really nice, picturesque area with some really characterful pistes.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
OK bump - didn't happen last winter for various reasons including brokey leg in the period when most plausible. Having surveyed my options think it would be flights into MXP and a hire car so for ease of getaway allowing for 3 fullish days of skiing. For the getaway factor thinking of Pinzolo or Mezzana end (or nearby villages) for hotels How is the car parking near to the gondis in both these places? Or are ski busses frequent enough that leaving car at hotel is feasible - google maps not particularly helpful. ANy particualr reason why its nuts to base myself out of either end - notwithstanding that Pinzolo to Madonna looks like a long gondi connection.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy