Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski resort close to Milan bergamo airport? ?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi can someone please recommend a ski resort no more than a 2hr transfer from Milan Bergamo airport? We are a family of 5, 3 kids age 4,5yrs old and a 20month old. Would be greatful if you could suggest and chalets/hotels that provide childcare.

Thanks Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
2 hours not much (unless you drive like an Italian), but Dolomiti Superski isn't much further.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi, I would suggest Passo Tonale, only 90mins from Bergamo. I've been about 10 times & really like it. Crystal ski go there or you could DIY it like we did. The slopes at Passo Tonale are great for learners & ski down to Ponte Di Legno there are nice reds/blacks between the trees for the more experienced.
The local tourist office do hotel promotions with lift pass included, just google Adamello freeski weeks, this is the main reason I have been so many times. The booking has to be direct with the hotel & isn't offered if you go with Crystal.
I can't help with the childcare question, but I'm sure it is available.
Hotels I can recommend are The Dahu, Delle Alpi & The Paradiso. But the Paradiso is quite a walk from the town centre, but ski in/out.
Most hotels here have Wellness centres & if I went again I would try to stay at The Vittoria, great wellness centre & right in the centre of town opposite the lift pass office.
There is also a free bus available to take you to Marileva 900, so you can access the superb Madonna Di Campaglio area, but with small children this probably won't be needed.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Unequivocally supports Passo Tonale. Close to Bergamo, suitable for all types of skiers.
Two years ago stayed at Hotel delle Alpi. Pretty close to the lifts (~150m), democratic price and located in the city center.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Madessimo might just be within reach if you go up the eastern side of Lake Como, no idea on the child care though.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi @Kon1979,
For the 3 and 5 year old you (and they) may want different things from the holiday.

The 3 year old should be able to go in to a ski class with other kids their age and they same with the 5 year old. I would suggest that a private child minder would be the best option for the 20 month old child as at that age they tend to need more “me time”.

Yeah I know it’s a plug, but we can arrange this I you’re still looking and we're less than 2hrs from Bergamo.

A good idea is not to ask too much from the kids. They are on holiday and it should be relaxing. I do see quite a few “ski moms” and “ski dads” who think they are training a race horse.

I have put a few tips here regarding going on a ski trip with young children.
http://www.brentaski.com/pages/skiing_children_holiday.html

Hope you find them interesting
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you re going to drive to Tonale it's probably worth going down the other side of the pass to dimaro and skiing folgarida, Madonna etc. Well worth the extra bit of drive for a much more upmarket experience with tree lined skiing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
tree lined skiing at ponte di legno too. I'd just do what I did and ski them all.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I agree with @cameronphillips2000, , folgarida is a lovely easy spot to have children ski, and Madonna has lots for adults, it is worth the extra drive.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Kon1979,

Perhaps try to find the accommodation first as this is probably the most important thing for you with the young family. If you don't need a large ski resort then there are a load of small ski areas in the immediate area to Bergamo (45 minutes to an hour away) which could fit. Why rule any of them out? A google search of local tourist websites might show something up or perhaps use trip adviser or booking.com etc. to find the hotels with the best review scores and contact them direct? Hotels in Italy are usually very child friendly so I'm sure you find somewhere great. If you'd like some info on some of the ski areas nearby I did write a review of some of the ones in the 1-2 hour travel distance but perhaps something smaller and closer may be better for you? I'm more than happy to talk about any I've visited in more detail, just let me know.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
http://www.visitbergamo.net/en/search/?tematica=natura_e_sport&sottotematiche%5B%5D=sci

Montecampione not shown as probably in next region but also very close.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nice trip report with lots of photos on Montecampione http://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=50664
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Millom, Hi any information is greatly received. I don't have much time to research our holiday!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Millom, Hi any information is greatly received. I don't have much time to research our holiday!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Kon1979,

See my short review of some of the areas a little further away http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2875512&highlight=valmalenco#2875512 and feel free to ask specific questions.

For the closer ones I'd recommend looking into Montecampione, Foppolo, and Piani di Bobbio.
ski holidays
I'd be careful about Foppolo. They've been in financial difficulties for a few years and an arson attack in the summer damaged ski lifts. Not sure if they will be open this winter.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy