Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

parking for Wengen and Zermatt

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Dear all
some relatively old material on parking, when searching topics, however I would appreciate any recent advice and experiences for parking for Wengen and Zermatt. Am retiring this year and lucky enough to be taking the car and going on a ski tour (the sort that does not involve skinning uphill).Have seen obvious sites, but it is experience and recommendations that would be appreciated. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@twoodwar, For Zermatt you can drive as far as Tasch then you have to take the train. There is a large car park at Tasch but its expensive.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@twoodwar, I've never used it, but for Wengen you use the large multi-storey car park at Lauterbrunnen. Prices here
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
For Wengen, if you're here for a while, it's much cheaper to leave the car at Interlaken Ost. For a few days it doesn't matter.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
telford_mike wrote:
For Wengen, if you're here for a while, it's much cheaper to leave the car at Interlaken Ost. For a few days it doesn't matter.

Good call. I thought that there might be cheaper parking in Interlaken but wasn't sure. And of course getting by train from Interlaken Ost to Lauterbrunnen and then Wengen is very easy (and included in the Jungfrau Region skipass).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@twoodwar, The Official car park at Tasch is very convenient, but as previously mentioned, is fairly expensive. May be worth exploring parking at Visp and getting the train up from there
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I used the car park at Tasch last January. Easy to find, I found it worth the price as my car was inside and warm in some foul weather. It's also handy to unpack in a dry, well lit place.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
When we went to Zermatt in the summer, we initially drove to Visp but the parking was expensive, and full. We then drove to the first town after Visp and parked in their underground parking. It was a lot cheaper to park and very quiet. I think it was Stalden-Saas. From there, it was only an hour to Zermatt and we were on the train already when everyone piled in from the mega-car-park further up the valley which is as far as you can go by car. If you're going to have to transfer from car to train anyway, I suspect it may be better to do it lower down the valley. Obviously, Visp would be best, but if it's expensive and full in the summer then I can't imagine it'll be better in the winter.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Täsch terminal car park is CHF15 per day. The shuttle to Zermatt is CHF16 for a return ticket. As others have said the terminal is good because you are completely covered and there are trolleys you can push onto the shuttle and take off when you get to Zermatt.

The other option in Täsch is the parking/taxi services (e.g. Christoph). As you drive into Täsch the terminal is ahead of you on the right. Strung along the left side leading up to it are several parking/taxi services. You can park your vehicle there and they then have a van that takes you and your luggage up to Zermatt (they have a permit to do so despite being petrol vehicles - they hand you over to an electric taxi at the edge of town). If there is only one of you there is not much of a price difference. But if there is a large group saving on the shuttle can make it worthwhile.

Never used either myself as our apartment in Täsch has an underground car park. So I can't give any personal recommendations.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Many thanks all.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy