Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Turin airport - car hire - shuttle bus or terminal?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

We are flying into Turin and wanting to hire a car.

Looking at various comparison sites now. Just wondered if anyone has any experience of whether it's easier to pick up car from terminal which I think is multi story car park, or to use the shuttle bus which takes you somewhere else to pick up car.

Naturally the shuttle bus is cheaper but not by much. Does anyone know is it inconvenient to use shuttle bus or easier to pick up and drop off car at terminal?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have only ever picked up a car at the airport terminal. But would make the following comments:

- Some car hire places only take credit (not debit) card - so worth checking in case you don't have one!
- Terminal can be very slow, but it is just there, so very easy
- Depending on where you go, eg. If into Aosta valley, you need snow tyres or chains during the winter season. Check they are provided.

Hope that is useful.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Hils68, it's so convenient to pick up a car at Turin airport. You cross the road to the desks which are at the entrance to the floor the cars are parked on, then walk a few yards to the car. Send the driver to th desk while the rest of you wait for the luggage if you need to speed things up.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Legally you need snow tyres or chains but I'd want both,driving to a ski resort. Turin must be one of the easiest airports in the world for driving out onto the motorway.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you. Car hire booked! Went for picking up at terminal. think that's all the major decisions made for this ski holiday . . Thanks to everyone's invaluable advice. Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy