Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cervinia- walk to gondola station from town centre

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Been to Cervinia several times but always used the Cretaz lift when staying in the centre.

Would the walk to the gondola station be unpleasant and uphill for some beginners who aren't used to walking in ski boots and with skis? they would need to get to Plain Maison for lessons and wouldn't initially be able to negoatiate the chairs and blue run to get there. Had ruled Cervinia out of my shortlist but now having a rethink as we can get there straight from Glasgow!

Anyone know if you could leave skis and boots at Plain Maison overnight so they could head up in their shoes? I have a vague recollection of some ski locker things but they looked old and out of use Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have you booked hotels and lessons already?

The school we booked with met at the bottom of the Cretaz lifts.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@hammerite, no nothing booked, still working out options. We're your lessons for complete beginners from Cretaz? If that's the case I can definitely put Cervinia back on shortlist 😄
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
"Would the walk to the gondola station be unpleasant and uphill for some beginners ..." Definitely a yes..........
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@MCL, they weren't for beginners. But there were beginner groups meeting at the same time.

I think these are the lot who meet at Plan Maison http://www.scuolacervino.com/en/contacts-2/

These are the ones who meet at Cretaz http://www.scuoladiscibreuil.com/en/contatti/

I suppose the main thing is to book a place to stay closer to one of the lifts and use the closest ski school. We stayed in the Dragon which can't be any more convenient for the Cretaz lifts.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@albob, thought so!

@hammerite, thanks for the ski school info. was thinking hotel de guides now re opened and Linos for reasonably priced meals.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's an uphill and up steps walk, so not easy in ski boots and with skis. However, there are lockers at Plan Maison so you can leave all your kit there and do the walk/steps in comfy boots. On the way back at the end of the day, there are a few nice bars on the route (and it's downhill).
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yep. There must be a shuttle bus though?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy