Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

FAO Cathy Coins

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Cathy, i'm not sure if you stayed there but i am struggling to find any deals to saalbach on 25th of feb and one i can find is the hotel saalbacherhof, did you stay there? if so what did you think was it a good choice, as we do like nice hotels and good food etc the cheapest deal i can find is from snowdeals which has an inghams holiday they will do it for £805 per person Shocked it does seem an expensive place but i am sure it is a great place, if we can't get there i am a bit lost as where to go as we toyed with big white banff etc but as ever it costs a lot more for two weeks we want a pretty resort with nice tree lined cruising! does it exist. Thanks for your help
Andy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Aha - my very own thread!!! Laughing

Funnily enough, I wrote a great long spiel about the Saalbacher Hof hotel, updating an old hotels in Saalbach thread, submitted it and it got lost in the ether, couldn't be bothered to try and remember what I wrote! But I'll make another go of it wink Very Happy

We did stay there, very good hotel, excellent location. Short 2 mins walk down to the Schattberg Express, slightly longer walk up to the other two lifts but still very close. By the time we booked we had to have the more expensive room with bath, but well worth it for size of room & bathroom, both with double doors leading onto balcony and direct view of the black run under the Schattberg Express Madeye-Smiley

Good points: really really excellent food, the best we've had on our skiing hols. Salad buffet, starter, soup, choice of 3 main courses & dessert. And really beautifully cooked and presented meals, all local organic meat. They have 2 restaurants, we got put into the less formal restaurant - can't think why? wink But same food and we preferred it anyway, less stuffy! We had an excellent French Head Waiter, Nicolas, who refused to serve me house wine with my meal! "Ah do not serve such stuff in mah restaurant....." - despite pleading twice with him I was totally intimated by his gaelic disdain and, beaten into submission, said I'd have the recommended wine with the meal (at 36 Euros......) - he also wasn't impressed with our request for tap water - you could spot the Brits by the carafes of tap water on tables. But he was an excellent character and we got on really well with him (and found when we came to settle our account that we hadn't been charged for the wine Very Happy )

Bad points: a pretty poor hotel bar, fire that was never lit and no atmosphere. We hardly saw anyone in there & we like to have a drink before/after dinner in the bar. The pool & spa centre can be a long way from your room - it involved 2 lifts and long walks along corridors for us.

Other points: Good apres-ski bar under the hotel, if you like cheesy Euro-pop with dancing Scandinavians "MacDonalds, MacDonalds, Kentucky Fried Chicken and a Pizza Hut" with accompanying arm movements - yes its real! They have live band playing there, Swedish rock band our week, and the noise can get a bit boomy but quite liveable.

All-in-all, a good hotel, very international, good English spoken (although I did pick up a few words of Danish Very Happy ). Loved the resort and the skiing and would definitely go back there again. £800 is not cheap though.......

Sorry for rabbiting on - yes, I'd go there if I were you Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh - and it is a family-run hotel. Sir came wandering round the dinner tables a few times during the week & had a few words with everyone. Madame apparently used to be in the Austrian Ski Team and takes a group of advanced skiers staying at the hotel round the ski area on a Wednesday - apparently she bombs round! They are very hands on with the running of the hotel and are regularly seen in the bar, reception etc which is good.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cathy Coins, thanks very much i have just booked it, and believe it or not i went into thomas cook and lied a bit about the price i could get from snow deals and they beat it by £5 so i went for it, i know it's a bit more than we wanted to pay but i'm sure it will be worth it, and it's the saalbacherhof hotel Very Happy many thanks again Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well done - I'm sure you'll enjoy it there. The hotel is very nice, friendly helpful staff and the skiing is great. Say hello to Nicolas, the French head waiter, from us! Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cathy Coins, your description of what he said to you was hilarious and i read it in a very strong french accent Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy