Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

saalbach in march?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
Me and my girlfriend have booked to go skiing on the 18th of march in saalbach, Austria. I was wondering if anyone has been there around that time of year and what the snow was like? She is a bit worried about there being not enough snow to ski Laughing. I told her there would be more than enough at that time of year, but I have only been to saalbach once and that was in late jan, so I don't know about conditions in march. Any info will be much appreciated.
thanks all
ATB
Ryan
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@merch, Welcome to Snowheads.

Mid-March should be fine for snow in terms of quantity. Most of the skiing is above 1500m, where the snow should be good. Some lower areas, such as the runs back to the village on the sunny, Kohlmais side of the valley, will probably be soft in the afternoon.

Recommended plan would be to get up early and ski from 8.30 or 9.00 through until lunchtime, then have a late lunch in the sun on a nice terrace somewhere on the mountain, and maybe not worry too much about skiing after 15.00, when the apres kicks off.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks for the fast reply, the info is much appreciated. have you been there yourself? If so are there any places you would recommend to go? As I said any and all info will be much appreciated guys Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@merch, there should be enough snow. Conditions could be like skiing porridge or you might also be in knee deep powder.

Ask Tatman for his guide to the area, it's very comprehensive.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 19-09-16 21:13; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Here you go... http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=126801
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thank you have put a message on that page for him
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Ryan, impossible to predict - could be warm and spring-like, or cold and wintry. If it's any reassurance, before I retired and became free to spend the whole winter in Saalbach, Mrs TT and I used to have 2 weeks over Christmas/New Year and 2 weeks in the latter half of March, and we always used to enjoy the March holiday as much as the earlier one. You stand a good chance of being able to ski in a tee-shirt, but equally it could be cold and snowy, so prepare for anything. From past experience over more than 10 years, there will be ample snow, and you'll be able to ski down to the village on all of the main pistes.

If the weather is fine and the skies clear, the pistes will be excellent during the mornings (having frozen overnight) but those facing south may deteriorate under the increasingly hot sun from noon onwards. That doesn't mean they're not skiable, but it makes sense to plan your itineraries accordingly. The pistes at Leogang and on the south side of the valley tend to be better in the afternoons of the late season. Later in the afternoon, as the sun starts to lose its power, the pistes start to crisp up again, and we've had some excellent runs down the south-facing slopes at around 5.00pm.

Equally importantly (?), the apres-ski will still be at full throttle. There should also be some serious sun-bathing to be done.

Send me your e-mail address in a PM and I'll send you my comprehensive guide to Saalbach-Hinterglemm, which should answer most of your questions.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy