Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Possible Alta badia changes for 16/17 season:

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Alta Badia changes for upcoming ski season:

Just returned from walking holiday to Corvara and some work I noticed on the ski slopes etc is as follows:

1. Looks like a new building of some sort is in the process of being constructed at the Colfosco station for the Borest gondola. Couldn’t see it clearly from the road though but looks like a possible new car park or ticket office
2. Lot of groundwork being done at the mid station of the Santa Croce chair(s) in Badia (Pedraces). Waitress in nearby restaurant said it’s for snowmaking
3. Groundwork being done just below the top station of Boe gondola on the alternate ski run towards campolongo pass (the run that goes down to top of Costoratta chair). Again looks like possible installation of snowmaking systems but not 100% sure
4. Lot of groundwork being done on blue run 11 (before it joins blue 9a) from Piz Sorega. Again looked like installation of snowmaking
5. A lot of clearing up work has been going on due to a large landslide close to the Boe/Borest gondola stations in Corvara. Footpath currently closed beside Borest gondola. Couldn’t see any actual damage done to gondola ropeway so assuming everything will be made safe by the start of winter season

Other than the above, very little else I could see that has changed or in the process of changing in the area. In Corvara Village, the little wine bar “L’Egot” which was beside the supermarket has now moved across the road to a building opposite the chemist. Think someone mentioned this on an earlier thread and said this is now an apres venue (which would make sense)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks @jimmybog for the update. Hope to see it first hand when out there for a fortnight starting with the BB.

Ref your (3) my experience is that either route from Boe to Campolongo is not so much in need of snowmaking as providing a more kindly terrain for the bump-haters. On the other hand, I could say "what do I care?" Toofy Grin

My wish list (part of which may actually be outside Alta Badia I think) would be to do something about the two slow chairs you have to take after the bubble to get to the top of Dantercepies. I'm sure there are other wishes I could some up with ...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've read somewhere there will be a new run from Bec de Roces to Passo di Campolongo and a new lift to replace the old 2 man chair that never seemed to run called Portados. Both outside Alta Badia but on the Sella Ronda. snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

I'm sure there are other wishes I could some up with

heated seats on the really cold lift (Pralongia?)
upgrade of the really slow 2-man that comes back from the bottom of that one towards campolongo
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
NeddySkiGoon wrote:
I've read somewhere there will be a new run from Bec de Roces to Passo di Campolongo and a new lift to replace the old 2 man chair that never seemed to run called Portados. Both outside Alta Badia but on the Sella Ronda. snowHead

Surely not yet another new run from Bec de Roces to Passo di Campolongo? There is the newish one under the chair that goes in the opposite direction which opened up officially a couple of seasons ago I think - provides a blue alternative to the traditional red. The red one is a lovely blast when heading out of Arabba first thing in the morning.

And yes there is to be a new gondola to replace the Portados chair. See this thread.

Speaking of Campolongo, I am not sure why they persist with the two chairs heading up to Cherz, other than to avoid road crossing faff - maybe they'll put up a bridge across the road and thus get rid of one chair and also enable us to keep up speed to get across to the Bec de Roces chair on descent from Cherz?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@andy, +1
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Here is the official news for the 2016/2017 season for the Dolomites:

http://www.dolomitisuperski.com/documents/comunicati-impianti-aperti/new-lifts-and-slopes-2016-17-eng.pdf

It does mention the new "Portados" lift though no mention of snowmaking on the alternate slope from Boe mtn station to top of Costoratta lift.

I wish they would replace the long drag lift "Capanna nera" with a chair!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy