Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How far in advance do tunnel prices increase?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We just can't decide when to travel. We've finally settled on February half term for our next trip but are still trying to decide if to do the tunnel on the Friday night / early Saturday morning. And on the way back, cross on the sat night, Sunday morning or maybe even try a ferry to Portsmouth.

I'd like to leave it as close as I can but am aware that the prices increase the closer you get. Any idea when this happens?

Thank you! X
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You do need to plan the whole journey very carefully, right through to timing of arriving in resort (early morning or not before early evening) and leaving (ditto - out before 8 am).

Have you got accommodation fixed?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Both tunnel & ferry prices vary considerably depending on date & times of crossing. My last three trips Jan, Aug & Sept were all cheaper on the train rather than the ferries. I usually book about 2-3 weeks in advance. Just keep checking all the relevant websites until you find a fare you are happy with. I'm going over again on Wednesday evening 921/9) and returning Sunday afternoon (25/9). Once again because of the timings, train was cheaper than any of the ferries.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you are going to use the tunnel, I would book ASAP as they usually get booked up pretty quickly at Feb half term, both Friday evening and Saturday, also the Saturday evening coming back. Once Eurotunnel start to fill capacity on trains the price rises, but this depends on demand and I have found that if you book much later than October half term the cost has risen.

If you shop at Tescos, use club card points for paying. We've recently booked for Feb half term week and it cost us £2 after converting enough CC points to give vouchers for £160 worth of travel.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy