Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which is the best season lift pass deal in the Alps?

Poster: A snowHead
Here are a few more to add to the list:

Ski AreaFull priceDiscounted priceBuy beforeExtras
Grand Massif97048510 DecSee Zorrac’s post
Evasion Mont Blanc85664215 NovNone
Mont Blanc Unlimited173199415 NovDays in Courmayeur, Verbier, Evasion Mont Blanc
Les Deux Alpes945664End OctSee Claude B’s amd miranda’s posts
Dolomiti Superski84078024 Dec5days Adamello-Brenta
Valloire66328615 Nov40% off other Maurienne resorts
Via Lattea1000750Late OctoberSee letsgetpiste’s post
Salzburg Superski7556806 DecKitzbuheler Alpen
Innsbruck Freizeitticket425 all yearEarly Dec?See clarky999’s post
Snow Card Tirol756See clarky999’s post
Jungfrau842
Espace Killy1250
Alpe d’Huez8785892 OctSee skitow’s post
Yad Moss£55£40A warm glow for skiing on home turf!
Ski Amade5735376 Dec
Paradiski1003899
La Plagne8997201 Dec
Scotland£535Glasgow snow dome

Cheapest so far is Yad Moss. Whether it's the best value is another question Smile

Any more to add?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
3 Valleys don't seem to have published their prices yet. Should be good for a laugh / bank loan, but assume they'll be similar to EK.

To be honest though, all season passes are great value for those of us fortunate enough to be able to make use of them. I reckon most ski areas make a lot more money selling 6 day passes to the holidaymakers who have just one week a season to enjoy.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Mont Blanc Unlimited price doesn't tally with the email I've got from them which says €803 discounted until 16/10/16, €844 till 30/11/16, then 1071 after that. That's for an annual pass, not just a season.

The Chamonix Le Pass is €618/660/706.

It's possible that my email is aimed at residents or previous pass holders, but it doesn't explicitly say that anywhere... www.compagniedumontblanc.fr/fr/forfaits/club-prive

Also note that the MBU isn't just days in Courmayeur & Evasion Mont Blanc, its unlimited access/all you can eat.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I am wondering if the EU rules prohibiting preferential pricing for residents, etc. are kicking in? I think I've seen a couple of other previously residents (etc.) only offers becoming generally available.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The PDS adult ski pass is € 922 full price but 15% discount if bought before 30th September 2016.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Anyone know when you can but the Mont Blanc Unlimited pass from?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The grand massif 485 euros you also have 3 days skiing in other resorts
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@chrise1967, i posted the link above, although they don't go on sale till 1st October.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Chamcham, The Grand Massif is showing as giving 1 day in Les Deux Alpes, 1 day in Les Menuires plus 3 days in your choice of 3 different Haute Savoie resorts. No list shown for the Haute Savoie ones, but last year it was a great long list. In addition there are the extras that @Zorrac mentioned.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@BFG_Skier, I don't think that there is a discount for buying the season pass early. We get discount for being local residents and for being old but I am sure the early bird discount is for one week or two week passes.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@BFG_Skier, I don't think that there is a discount for buying the season pass early. We get discount for being local residents and for being old but I am sure the early bird discount is for one week or two week passes.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pamski wrote:

Thanks for the correction, on second viewing of the site you are right. I got the discount a few years ago but then I went out and got it early, I think all they seemed to want then was a photo. They probably have tightened up these days.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Chamcham, You are incorrect about the GM pass. It does have extras. A few discounts I have never used and a number of free days in other resorts which I have. The resorts vary slightly each year but always include Morzine area and Praz de Lys (good during holidays and other peak days.) both approx 30 mins from Samoens and Verbier. Obviously it easier to use any of the frees days if you have a car.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks everybody - table updated below:

Ski AreaFull priceDiscounted priceBuy beforeExtras
Grand Massif97048510 DecSee Zorrac’s, warmsnow’s, sj1608’s and ian999’s comments. post
Evasion Mont Blanc85664215 NovNone
Mont Blanc Unlimited173199415 NovDays in Courmayeur, Verbier, Evasion Mont Blanc
Les Deux Alpes945664End OctSee Claude B’s amd miranda’s posts
Dolomiti Superski84078024 Dec5days Adamello-Brenta
Valloire66328615 Nov40% off other Maurienne resorts
Via Lattea1000750Late OctoberSee letsgetpiste’s post
Salzburg Superski7556806 DecKitzbuheler Alpen
Innsbruck Freizeitticket425 all yearEarly Dec?See clarky999’s post
Snow Card Tirol756See clarky999’s post
Jungfrau842
Espace Killy1250
Alpe d’Huez8785892 OctSee skitow’s post
Yad Moss£55£40A warm glow for skiing on home turf!
Ski Amade5735376 Dec
Paradiski1003899
La Plagne8997201 Dec
Scotland£535Glasgow snow dome
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've now edited the first post, and I'll keep doing it if more information emerges.
snow conditions
@Chamcham, Cheers for all the good work Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@Scarpa, My pleasure. And a belated happy birthday Smile
ski holidays
Aramon ( Cerler, Panticosa ,Formigal, Javalambre)
817 and 650 until 8/11
http://www.aramon.com/abono-temporada-plan-anticipacion.html

In general the season pass prices in Spain totally suck.
ski holidays
Resurrection Alert>>>>

Midsummers day, beautiful sunshine and I've just had an early purchase bargain from an area I've previously bought a season pass in.

Valloire (& Valmeinier): €305 valid from 1st July until 30 September then it steps up to €450 then €702 from 1st December. Not bad for 150km, nice town.

As it is I've already bought a MagicPass which is currently CHF459.
snow report
@BoardieK, €702 Shocked
ski holidays
This is a season pass thread.

or are you commenting on the odd 2 euros?
snow report
BoardieK wrote:
Resurrection Alert>>>>

Midsummers day, beautiful sunshine and I've just had an early purchase bargain from an area I've previously bought a season pass in.

Valloire (& Valmeinier): €305 valid from 1st July until 30 September then it steps up to €450 then €702 from 1st December. Not bad for 150km, nice town.

As it is I've already bought a MagicPass which is currently CHF459.

It's a great deal, but the Eskimo pass (La Norma/Valfrejus/Val Cenis/Aussois/Bonneval) is a similar price with double the amount of kms.
snow conditions
BoardieK wrote:
This is a season pass thread.

or are you commenting on the odd 2 euros?

Was just comparing it to the ski a made season price for 1200km
snow conditions
diver wrote:
Aramon ( Cerler, Panticosa ,Formigal, Javalambre)
817 and 650 until 8/11
http://www.aramon.com/abono-temporada-plan-anticipacion.html

In general the season pass prices in Spain totally suck.

+1. Spain has no mainstream "culture of skiing" despite being peppered with ski areas in modern times, and the prices are generally uncompetitive. The French Pyrenees, in contrast, can be very cheap. Oh for a Pyrenean Epic Pass Exclamation

Grandvalira in Andorra (now with added Arcalís goodness) is decently prices at about 650 until mid December.
ski holidays
Grand Massif prices out already for next season:

Forfait Saison Hiver Grand Massif Adulte (18 ans et + )
489 €* au lieu de 978 €

Forfait Saison Hiver Grand Massif Enfant (5 à 17 ans)
289 €* au lieu de 578 €

* Ces tarifs privilèges sont valables jusqu'au 10/12/2019 minuit.

summer and insurance can be added as well

https://hiver.lescarroz.com/domaine-skiable/les-forfaits-de-ski/forfaits-saison.html

If you have 16 and 17 year old teenagers, then on the standard daily/weekly pass they have to buy an adult pass, but with a season pass they are still kids, so its cheaper with an early purchased season pass if you intend to ski 7 days or more
ski holidays
Ski amade prices out:

https://www.skiamade.com/en/winter/ski-pass/ski-pass-prices/ski-amade-season-tickets

Adult Normal Price from 05.12.2019 - € 632.00
Advance Sales until 04.12.2019 - € 592.00
ski holidays
No need to think ‘what’s that in £?’ this year Sad
latest report
Tirol-regio.at 456 before october 1! I have friends in Innsbruck using this, since it is best value Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Chamcham, are the Chamonix prices out yet? You miss the wrinkle there anyway for the “couples” passes, which last season were about €760...
snow conditions
Salzburger Super Ski Card

Season pass purchased before 04.12.19 = € 747, after 05.12.19 = € 830.

2,878 km of pistes, great value!
snow report
Dolomiti Superski
Pre-sale season ticket until 24th December 2019 €830,00
Season ticket from 25th December 2019 €890,00
Seniores (born before 30th November 1954) €830,00
SuperSeniores over '70 (born before 30th November 1949) €695,00
Children up to 8 years (born after 30th November 2011) €270,00
Juniors up to 16 years (born after 30th November 2003) €585,00
ski holidays
Espace Killy season pass includes autumn 2019 (28/9/19 [snow permitting] - 29/11/19) on the Grande Motte glacier, the full Espace Killy winter season (30/11/19 - 3/5/20) and summer 2020 on both the Grande Motte and Pissaillas glaciers (dates to be confirmed) - currently at €1035 for an adult. Shocked
https://www.skipass-tignes.com/en/forfait-ski/annee-tignes-val-disere-2336/
snow conditions
New Freizeitticket prices aren't out yet, but last year was €488.

That got you 18 ski resorts (plus a few single lift kids training slopes), 10 months of skiing on Stubai glaclier, free use of lifts in the same resorts for hiking and MTB all summer, and free access to a bunch of swimming lakes and pools.

Interestingly, it's now called Freizeitticket Tirol, not Innsbruck, so may now be available to more people.
ski holidays
Depends very much on what type of skiing you do/want to do. I'm biased because I do a lot of off-piste, couloirs & touring as well as piste skiing, but the EK offers by far the greatest range of all types of skiing, and one of the longest seasons in the world. 25% discount if purchased up to the day before lifts open on 30th November, €1035 as mentioned above.
latest report
The figure on the 1st page of this thread is all for 2016!
latest report
Hmm, an odd thread to choose to resurrect! Confused
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy