Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

KItzbuhel/ Kirchberg/ Brixen / Ellmau Circuit

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone tell me if there is a worthwhile Ski Circuit between the above villages. It looks like you get most of the way round but may run into a dead end in Ellmau. If so is it an easy taxi back to Kitzbuhel.Are there other circuits starting from Kitzbuhel that are worth a day.

Thanks in advance.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The circuit is not closed have to take taxi or bus:
http://www.wilderkaiser.info/media/linie-4006-kitzbuehel-ellmau.pdf. (Scroll down for Ellmau-Kitzbühl)
Last years timetable.

No real other circuit - but for lager ski area look here:

http://www.allstarcard.at/media/Folder-Kitzbueheler-Alpen-Salzburg-Super-Ski-Card-43-MB.pdf

Ps: You have to take a short skibus in the Kirchberg Valley.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would think a taxi would be expensive. Paid €50 for taxi from Scheffau to Brixen.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
This is really two circuits: the Kitzbühel/Kirchberg area on one side and the Brixen/Ellmau/Westendorf area (known as the SkiWelt) on the other side. You can ski both on the same day but need the Kitzbüheler Alpen AllStar Card (or the Salzburg Super Ski Card) rather than the passes for the individual local areas.

The two areas aren't directly linked (on ski). The shortest connection is the Skibus between the Pengelstein I gondola in the Kirchberg area and the KiWest gondola at Westendorf. This is free with the passes covering both areas. It is quite a way to ski from the KiWest over to Ellmau/Going, so it advisable to watch the time if you are relying on getting back from the one area to the other.

It is possible to ski circuits (i.e. back to your starting point) in both areas but, as I say, there's a lot of ground to cover. You can find details of routes in John Barr's Kitzbühel Alps Ski Guide (available as a download or a printed version which can be bought from John).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@GarryC, if you go for it I think you could make Ellmau for lunch (must be ribs at Ruebezahl-Alm) and head back towards Hopfgarten - halfway down run 20 from the middle station is a great bar called Sunnseithutte - you can sit there watching the sun go down and ski the last bit into town in the gloom. Then simply catch train back to Kitzbuhel Hahnenkamm (cheap and about 25 minutes)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It is quite possible to ski Kitzbuhel and Skiwelt in the one day. There are two easy bus links beside the train. A couple of years ago the train was free for Kitzalp pass holders. the bus links are
1. Pengelstein (Kitzbuhel) to KiWest (Westendorf)
2. Westendorf/Brixen (SkiWelt) to Kichberg/ Kitzbuhel
There are no bus links on the Sheffau/Ellmau/Soll side but there are between Westendorf/Brixen/Kirchberg/Kitz

You can't make a closed circuit but you could start by skiing over to Pengelstein, take the Kiwest into Westendorf, work over to Brixen (11 is a good run), up into skiwelt and work over to Sheffau or Ellmau. You have to go back to Brixen and get the bus back from there.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Col the Yeti wrote:
You have to go back to Brixen and get the bus back from there.

Actually, if you still have time, you can take the gondola from Brixen (the SkiWeltbahn 11) up the Westendorf side and ski back to the KiWest piste and from there by bus back to the Kitzbühel/Kirchberg area.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
GReat info.Thanks all.We're starting from kirchberg. Does it make more sense to head to Ellmau for lunch starting at the Ki West and loop back the same route in the one day. We are not concerned at what type of slopes we hit as all the group are speedy.Roll on the snow.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
GReat info.Thanks all.We're starting from kirchberg. Does it make more sense to head to Ellmau for lunch starting at the Ki West and loop back the same route in the one day. We are not concerned at what type of slopes we hit as all the group are speedy.Roll on the snow.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes, sounds fine. By the KiWest (either all the way by bus to speed things up or via the Pengelstein on ski and then the shorter bus run) to Westendorf, on to Brixen and then over to Söll, Ellmau, Scheffau and/or Going.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy