Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

HELP ME!! Val Thorens - Argentiere UCPA

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As there are only a few spaces left with UCPA (Supposedly) for what i want to do, I'm trying to make my mind up,
I am a solo skier who really wants to meet people when I'm there but my options are narrowed down to 2, Pay less (Approx. £810)(EDIT: NOW £723 by Coach + Bus Transfer. Approx 20 hours travel) and go to Argentiere UCPA approx 5 mins walk from nearest lift, okay nightlife, good runs or paying a bit more (Approx. £872)(EDIT: NOW £789 By coach + Bus transfer. although in total this is about 20 hours travel time but almost £100 saved.) on the slope, ski in ski out, great nightlife and great runs and always great conditions.. I am 18 so trying to budget and still ended up costing much more than i thought with UCPA.

Also looking to meet people whilst I am there, would love to go with friends but no one wants to go!

BTW Dates are 25/02/17 - 04/03/17
BARE IN MIND I AM ON A BUDGET!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi

That is French holiday still so I guess prices are still high. If you can change dates to Jan or 2nd week onwards in March prices should come down a bit.

Andy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What's included for the money? Is it s/c or full board and is lift pass in with the deal.

Might be worth putting a note on the 'solo skiers' forum and seeing if anyone is up for joining you. When I've been looking for solo deals I've found that it's a real killer on budget, gets far cheaper if someone can split accommodation cost with you...although as Andy said, it's peak season and French holiday time, so it's an expensive week to deal with.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have to go after February 15 the because I won't be 18 until then. Also yes everything is full board. Including lift pass, ski hire, food, everything... Also I don't know why but with UCPA they don't have any more spaces after 25/2/17. Really wanted someone to compare the two resorts and give me pros and cons about both, weather it is worth the extra money to go to Val thorens.

Cheers, Jacob
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
what level of skier are you? If you are a beginner then definitely Val Thorens. Probably Val Thorens for intermediate skiing too.

In Feb the conditions will be (should be) equally good in both.

But I can see plenty of spaces left in March and April in both on the Action Outdoors website: https://www.action-outdoors.co.uk/activities/search-results?SearchActivity=1&Resort=Val%20Thorens&Month=3&TwinRoomOnly=0

And if the dates work, here's a 10% discount code for UCPA/Action Outdoors, for bookings made before 19th Sept:
25 March – 1 April: use code EARLYBIRD3
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@MajesticJacob, The Germans are also on holiday at that time, suggest late Jan/ early Feb if you are able to change travel dates.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@MajesticJacob, The Germans are also on holiday at that time, suggest late Jan/ early Feb if you are able to change travel dates.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy