Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Innsbruck from the North

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello Peeps,

my wife has kindly offered to let me go on an intense off-piste training week in January next year, but the problem is I don't know the most effective way to get to Innsbruck from the sunny NE. I don't really want to have to go to Manchester, Edinburgh is a bit of a push in fact. And hiring a car to get to Lizum from Salzburg or Munich is a bit much. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Al
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
KLM (and others) fly to IBK via Amsterdam or Frankfurt from many regional airports - I used to do it regularly from Aberdeen (how north east are you?).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try Austrian via Vienna. We are going that route (from Manchester though). Not sure where else they currently fly from in North UK. Whereabouts are you?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jet2 to Salzburg from Leeds/Bradford every Saturday in January. About £120 return. Trolleybus/taxi in to Salzburg railway station takes 15 minutes. Hourly train departures Salzburg - Innsbruck, journey time just under 2 hours. Depends where you are though. Leeds probably OK for NE England. Not good if NE means Aberdeen, in which case look at Jet2 Edinburgh-Salzburg, also every Saturday in January.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 16-09-16 18:22; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
if you are going for a week try this
http://search.charterflights.co.uk/fusion/flexiflights.pl?sessionkey=B8707666-C56Et43AC-9E00-E11BCBECD425&resultkey=default
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@SkierAl, train or hire car from MUC to Innsbruck, Lufthansa MAN/ MUC. Jet2 Salzburg overpriced and poor times.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yeah, sorry, I meant NE England, what's actually worse is I am Scottish, I just live down here. The charterflights website looks good, but it's expensive. I need to decide if it's all worth it.

Thanks guys
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If we want to fly directly to Innsbruck we usually take a train down from Newcastle, doing evening check in at Gatwick (Easyjet and some other airlines do that) and get on an early morning flight out.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@schneeflocke, That looks a lot slower and more expensive than simply changing planes in Frankfurt or Schiphol
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Detail: It's not KLM but Transavia that flies from Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Eindhoven to Innsbruck! (sometimes it is not so bad to be Dutch Toofy Grin )
But although Transavia is KLM's low cost carrier, we will be flying with KLM from Amsterdam to Zurich at 134 euro this coming winter, whilst Transavia to Innsbruck comes to 450 euro.....
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@SkierAl, phone TUI as they do flight only to Innsbruck from various U.K. Airports. It is not on the website though.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thomson Airways has a charter flight from Newcastle on Saturdays, according to the Innsbruck airport website (see Innsbruck charters). Maybe you can get on that.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thomson Airways has a charter flight from Newcastle on Saturdays, according to the Innsbruck airport website (see Innsbruck charters). Maybe you can get on that.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy