Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Job for an Irish person

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I was looking at the usual websites (seasonworkers, natives etc.) at jobs but they all seem to require UK NI number and UK address, of which I have none because I'm from and work in Ireland. Does anyone have any other websites to look at jobs or any other advice? My ideal job would be kitchen porter or night porter. I'm not going for too much partying, I want to get time on the snow. I have experience working in a hotel and kitchen when I was in school and university. I have been working a "real" job for the last 3 years but am getting fed up.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Google "free movement of labour - EU"

Might not enlighten, but in principle, you shouldn't have a problem.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The problem is getting past the application stage - the specifically state the need for a UK NI number and UK address. I'm assuming this is because they are UK companies and they don't want to go through the hassle of getting me one. I know I'm entitled to work anywhere in the EU
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's because most of them are UK companies, and therefore pay you through the UK tax system for which you need a UK NI number. Alternative is to rock up to a resort and sort out a job and accommodation once you are, there it's what a lot of people do.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You could always send the job application to the local Marie where the job is based with a note suggesting they ask the company why they aren't employing the staff on locally based contracts Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Invent an NI number (doubt they'll check it till they really need to) and use a mail drop service as address?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@conor90, apply to smaller companies rather than the big tour operators.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the advice. I have friends living in the UK so I can use their address. I'm not quite willing to quit my job and head to the resorts to find one, although maybe I should consider it!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Have a look at the Topflight group. They are Dublin based I think so may have vacancies not requiring a UK NI number etc.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
under a new name wrote:
Invent an NI number (doubt they'll check it till they really need to) ...

But when they do, and find it's false, they'll be thinking .... illegal migrant worker? ... border agency checks ... HMRC investigation .... Sad ... that's the last thing we need.

So any potential job offer is likely to be withdrawn!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@conor90, Both Topflight, Crystal and Highlife are currently looking for Irish based staff. Pop any of them a mail to their Irish offices, Jervis street, Duke street, and Main street Blackrock. Alternatively apply to the UK jobs and advise them of your Irish status and they will sort the rest if they need staff.

For the kind of work you are looking for you are better of applying directly as you will probably get better Terms and conditions than with a major TO
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy