Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski lessons at Glencoe

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

I would like to ask you about Glencoe resort
I will be there in February midweek and out of school holidays, and would like to take few hours of ski lessons.
Is it easy to find an instructor there. Should I contact and order something in advance or it is easy to arrange lessons just on arrival?
Thank you.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to Snowheads! Midweek is usually quiet at Glencoe but you might be better to get in touch and not just turn up, they do school group lessons and may have 5000 screaming kids one day! Leave it until a few days before though and suss out the weather. Scottish skiing is best done when the weather wants you to ski, not just when you want! If the weather is really really good then get there early if you want ski hire and a space in the car park (normally only a problem at weekends)
Look up www.glencoemountain.co.uk for contact details, forecasts etc

Have fun
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Got it. Thank you.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Greetings prutkof. If you are up that way (ie West Coast Scotland) and have transport, don't discount Nevis Range, near Fort William.

Great area with lovely beginner/early intermediate slopes - but only in good snow cover.

See the excellent Winterhighland website for Scotland webcams, weather & discussion forums.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mountainaddict thank you. That's super useful site!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
When you write: "get there early if you want ski hire and a space in the car park", to what extent early it should be? 8 am is OK? Or it should be earlier?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
prutkof wrote:
When you write: "get there early if you want ski hire and a space in the car park", to what extent early it should be? 8 am is OK? Or it should be earlier?

8 or 8.30 is usually fine mid-week, check ski centre opening times of course. If exceptional snow conditions, expect busier times as flexi time and sick leave is hastily arranged by the eager throng ... !
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Irrev. Thanks. I did not think about it... Flexitime may jeopardize my plan to take advantage of midweek skiing without eager throng on pistes Shocked
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Midweek outside school holiday times is usually very quiet prutkof. Arrive when you like on those days wink - even in good weather and good snow.

It tends to be Cairngorm (in particular) & Glenshee that end up with full car parks and bad queues. Less so Glencoe and never (that I have seen) at Nevis Range.

You can save (sometimes a lot of) time at Cairngorm by buying your ticket before you arrive - at the shop/cafe at Glenmore, which is on the road to the ski hill. That means you can then just go straight to the lifts.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy