Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scotland (Scottish Skiing)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is it the case that we get less snow than we used to??

OR

Has health and safety gone mad and due to the restrictions placed the skiers are not allowed on the slopes hence not compacting the base we do get??

When was the last time we can remember skiing down the road to the day lodge at Cairngorm?

Just food for thought!

G
ski holidays
 brian
brian
skikool wrote:
When was the last time we can remember skiing down the road to the day lodge at Cairngorm?

skikool, just over 6 weeks ago !

snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'll accept that as proof! Question stands tho. Where did it go and why does it go so quick??
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Where did it go

The North sea wink . Seriously it melted. Why, cos it came in early December and there is almost always a mild spell in mid December. If you look at the long term temperature averages for here over december you will see a peak around mid december. There was liitle or no freeze thaw to compact the snow before the mild spell so it mostly disappeared. Since then it has been reasonably cold (though above the longterm average) and what mild spells there have been were short, not particularly wet (at Cairngorm) and not ludicrously mild. Ideal conditions to consolidate snow pack and give a good long lasting base. But there has been little or no snow during the cold spells to consolidate. Crying or Very sad
snow report
 brian
brian
skikool, the $64000 question.

It's not that it hasn't been cold enough this winter, it's just been too dry during the cold spells Sad (in line with the MetO winter forecast which has been pretty accurate so far).

Having said that, decent skiing didn't really get going until February last year, and we had a very nice month mid-Feb to mid-March so I'm certainly not giving up hope for this season yet.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was up on saturday and there were plenty of people skiing and even a few boarders. None of the lifts were open but they looked like they were having fun and (on saturday at least) the snow was actually really nice.
On sunday it was melting pretty quickly..
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
last year i didnt go until march but i went about 6 times which was great.... im totally buzzin this year for some snow, hope there is some soon as i cant really afford a trip abroad , glenshee is the place to be (if theres snow!)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy