Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

El tarter, grandvalira

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Don't suppose anyone knows if there is a regular bus service between el tarter and soldeu that runs at night? Have already booked to go 15th Jan and now worried about lack of nightlife in el tarter and want to have a few nights in soldeu where I have been before .

Cheers.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't think there is. But it's a pretty short walk: 15 minutes downhill.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dangriff wrote:
now worried about lack of nightlife in el tarter.

Cheers.

That is a MASSIVE understatement..........

But TBH we travelled up to Soldeu on the chalets girls day off in March 2016 and found that dead as well.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think there are scheduled buses but I don't think they run particularly late (to 9pm?).

You're right tha El Tarter is quiet - think there might be a couple of apres-ski bars but I don't know their names.

With regards to Soldeu, different bars are busy on different nights (for example, Fat Alberts is great at 6pm on a Thursday when the ski instructors band plays). If you hit a dead bar or two, it just means everyone is in a different bar!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the info so far. I've been to soldeu a few times now and had some good nights in fat Alberts , the harp and a few others. Looking at the options, might be drinking wine in the chalet!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the info so far. I've been to soldeu a few times now and had some good nights in fat Alberts , the harp and a few others. Looking at the options, might be drinking wine in the chalet!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@dangriff, while Soldeu is the better location for bars, I'm sure you'll find a few in El Tarter. Found this on a google search, sounds like there's potential...

"El Tarter has a couple of bars to choose from. The Stone Bar is an English pub in the basement of the Alba Hotel and Dylan’s is a chillout lounge and cocktail bar playing international chillout and dance music. Nemo’s nightclub is at the foot of the slopes by Hotel Llop Gris"
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stayed in el tarter last season for 2 nights, really, really quiet, i was actually very surprised, because theres obviously money to be made, but nobody wants it!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mikeholmes25 wrote:
stayed in el tarter last season for 2 nights, really, really quiet, i was actually very surprised, because theres obviously money to be made, but nobody wants it!

Shhhhhhhhhhh.............

If you are there to ski its great.

No drunken ****s shouting "Johnny, I fancy your mum" at the top of his voice at 3am
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
On the other hand, the Abarset apres-ski bar by the resort car-park in El Tarter is fun on Fridays and Saturdays when the skiing ends.

But in general, I've always found Andorra pretty dismal for nightlife. I've never really understood why, since there are no shortage of people looking. Put it into perspective though: it's far better than most other places in the Pyrenees! The Pyrenees, on the whole, are most definitely not about the partying. I challenge you to find places in Europe with better overall weather (on respectable snow), though!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We usually stay in Soldeu, but last season we stayed in El Tarter, the buses run until 9pm, but after 7pm they are unreliable, taxi's can be ordered but have to come from Andorra La Vella, and cost around 20 euro one way.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I agree
Quote:

On the other hand, the Abarset apres-ski bar by the resort car-park in El Tarter is fun on Fridays and Saturdays when the skiing ends.

But in general, I've always found Andorra pretty dismal for nightlife. I've never really understood why, since there are no shortage of people looking. Put it into perspective though: it's far better than most other places in the Pyrenees! The Pyrenees, on the whole, are most definitely not about the partying. I challenge you to find places in Europe with better overall weather (on respectable snow), though!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oh, and welcome to sH, dangriff!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kiteman69 wrote:
mikeholmes25 wrote:

Shhhhhhhhhhh.............

If you are there to ski its great.

No drunken ****s shouting "Johnny, I fancy your mum" at the top of his voice at 3am

Yup - that's why I keep going back Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy