Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sestriere versus Sauze d'Oulx

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking at few days away early March and the Bavarians are on holiday so very little accommodation in Austria. Italy looking a good option. Skied Breuil-Cervinia at new year and really liked it. Should we return to Cervinia or try Sestriere or Sauze d'Oulx? We are group of strong intermediates and one advanced/expert. Like smashing reds and playing a bit off piste conditions permitting. Not that bothered by night life beyond food and few beers.
Which option do people recommend?
- Breuil-Cervinia
- Sestriere
- Sauze d'Oulx

Please direct me to previous threads should this be a repeat. Grazie
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If compelled to book in advance then Cervinia is much the better bet as it has a much better snow record.

It is a while since I visited the Milky way and I have strong memories of poor piste management slow chairs that kept stopping and pomas with frayed lines.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@TQA, Thank you for answering, how long is "a while"? Really like the skiing potential of Cervinia, but also like to ski new resorts and accommodation at Cervinia is a long, long uphill walk! So interested to see whatever think of the 3 options.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Early March is ideal for skiing in and around Sauze/Sestriere. Sauze is a pleasant enough looking resort. (the old town is beautiful to walk around). The links can be affected by the wind, but again, March is generally more settled. (Jan seems to be quite windy) Slopes above Sportinia tend to be more consistent, with slopes below relying on cannons if theres a dry spell.
Be cautious of dabbling off piste in Italy if you dont have the correct equipment.
I've got a soft spot for the place! snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hmm if you are looking at accommodation that is described as an uphill walk in Cervinia be aware that there are some truly awful apartment blocks in Cielo Alto above Cervinia that get appalling reviews on Tripadvisor. You can ski back to them but it is not easy to get to the main lifts.

There is a skibus.

I was there in 2005 but stayed in Cervinia in a hotel with a great view of the Matterhorn.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sestriere in March this year, just sayin............

snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy