Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Borovets good or bad?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi been looking at Borovets for late Jan early Feb. looks cheap but is there a down side. Group of 4. Any ideas thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How much skiing have the group done? New beginners, or have been around a bit?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A mix some done lots and some not much. cheers
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@kennypk, I've never been to Borovets, but the on-mountain toilet arrangements look a bit primitive (unless they've improved since this video was taken a few years ago)......

http://youtube.com/v/wOIYm5B_Pw8

Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@kennypk, have been there once, many years ago. If some of your group have done lots of skiing, they will be bored very quickly. It's cheap to eat and drink, not AS cheap to get there as it used to be, but IMO it's cheap for a reason. There will be better places, for not necessarily lots more money, where you'll have a better skiing experience. Suffice to say, I've never gone back
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Went to Borovets twice in the 1980's with Balkan Holidays. Then the hotels were fairly new. The skiing was OK as I had only done 2 or 3 weeks before. Reason I went twice? First time even though ordering 'Champagne' every night plus wine's I only spent 25GBP! Illegal exchange rate was GREAT! 2nd trip took my teenage daughter & still only spent 35 GBP. If you have accomplished skiers with you I would give it a miss. Skiing was limited unless you took a local guide, then it wasn't so bad.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@kennypk I organised a group trip last year. The main upside is the low cost (we paid less than £250 for 4 nights half board accommodation, transfers and flights) and the nightlife. There are lots of bars and food and drink is very cheap even the relatively posh Hotel Rila is well priced and has a nice balcony bar. When we were there the snow was simply awful as the temperatures were unseasonably high (20 degrees) and the skiing was limited as a result. If you are a group of good skiiers you will quickly get through everything the resort has to offer and there the slopes rating does not tally with those of Austria or France in my opinion. For instance the reds they had their were relatively easy with patchy snow and would likely be classed as blues.

I rented kit and it was awful even though I had paid the extra for the best level of kit they did (skis had probably been last filled, repaired and waxed several years ago) and the boots were much the same. The lifts are generally quite old - the bubble up to the Markudic slopes (or similar name) is an antique and takes a long time to reach the summit.

In summary we all loved the nightlife and apres but wished there was more snow (pretty standard) however I don't think there was anyone in the group of 12 that would hurry back. If you are relatively new to skiing and a looking for a good cheap night out as well it is certainly worth a visit but if you are all more experienced skiers I would recommend you look elsewhere. In typical fashion when we got back the temperature dropped and the snow dumped down so I guess you just take your chances.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bad ... It's a cr@p hole - avoid it
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
many thanks for the comments
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Have you considered the birthday bash?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
GlasgowCyclops wrote:

or the pre Birthday Bash. snowHead
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Reiterating the above really,

There are a couple of good pistes which you could lap for the day racing your mates, rest of the mountains (split over two hills really) you can cover in two or three days. Everywhere is pretty close to a lift, except a few 5 star hotels which although nice looking I'd choose next to a lift everyday, and the nightlife is loud and cheap if you want to party hard. A big plus that no one has mentioned is the transfer is quick (an hour if I remember right, certainly no more than 2 hours).

I'd go back with the right group of lads and budget was tight...but not for the skiing!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@kennypk, You have a PM - Happy Birthday by the way Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
GlasgowCyclops wrote:

hi it is still showing 2016 dates, I am fixed on my holidays. Do you know 2017 dates?
Cheers. Do appreciate the help.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kennypk wrote:
GlasgowCyclops wrote:

hi it is still showing 2016 dates, I am fixed on my holidays. Do you know 2017 dates?
Cheers. Do appreciate the help.

PreBB 28 Jan
BB 4 Feb

snowHead
snow report
Thanks I can't fly til the 29th.
typical
cheers
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy