Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zermatt temp and conditions September

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Im going up to Zermatt around the 25th Sep as part of my honeymoon and wondering what the place will be like at that time? Ive seen that lots of things are shut but am I right in thinking Ill still be able to hire some skis and the glacier will be open?

Not everything is closed right?

Also what kind of temperatures should we expect? We're going to southern Italy the week before and not sure how much cold weather clothing we'll need for Switzerland for this time of year.

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Live piste map showing a few pistes open at the top of the glacier. No idea if that is correct.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
End september southern Italy can easily get 30 C.
End september the higher Alpine valleys (like Zermatt) sometimes do get snow already.
And on the glaciers for sure it can/will be cold; think gloves, hats etc, at least in the morning.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks, sounds like I need to pack some proper winter gear aswell then
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It will be around 5c to 10c in the village, and -5c up on the glacier.

Take a thin jacket for the village, and proper ski gear for the glacier.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@medlington, have a great time, hard to think of a more beautiful place to visit, eat amazing food and relax.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just got back yesterday. We have an apartment (in Täsch the next village not Zermatt itself) so we are frequent visitors. It is very nice at present but beginning to feel a bit cool. It is that weird time of year when you sweat in the sunshine and shiver in the shade. Great walking and cycling conditions though.

I only went up to the glacier one day. It was not very busy. But conditions were much better than I had expected. It had not snowed for a while but the temperatures were low enough to keep the pistes in nice conditions through to noon. In a couple of weeks time there may well have been some decent snow up there. The next glacier down won’t open until second week of October at the very earliest (and quite possibly not until later in the month). Also nothing will be open on the Italian side until later Ocotber.

Temperature is really hard to predict. I was skiing in just a shell over a base layer last week and I am a real temperature wimp. But by end September it could flip so that you’d need your winter ski jacket.

Ski hire will be no problem – loads of places open all year through.

In principle you are going at the worst time to ski as the glacier will be as dilapidated as it wil get. But the “worst” is still pretty damn good. Have a great time.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Should add that the bubble car (express) up to the lift station that takes you up to the glacier will no longer be running. That simply means that you will need to take the cable car. That is no real problem though.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks,

Cant wait now, although I was hoping to not need the full ski gear as my bags already full of wedding stuff, might have to just have a shell layer and an extra few layers underneath.

Ive put it off until now but started checking the weather forcast and there seems to be some snow on the horizon, starting on friday, maybe Ill get really lucky and have some fresh to play on Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy