Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Late Season Ski trip & car rental Q

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am getting married in early April and we are hoping to fly to somewhere in Europe to Ski on the 3rd April for a few days. Any recommendations on where would have snow that time of year? (I know there is no guarantees)

We had looked at flying to Geneva and driving to Val thorens, with the hope renting for one day, drop it in Val thorens and then rent for one day again on the way back to the airport. Is this possible?

Cheer in advance for any replys.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Almost certainly cheaper to get a transfer. Or keep the car for the period.

Wouldn't necessarily go to Val T.

Almost everywhere should have snow and be open.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
One way rentals are expensivbe, probably cheaper to keep the car, although you will have parking charges.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cool cheers. any alternative to Val T that time of the year. We will be flying from Dublin and would prefer to be near Geneva/Zurich/Nice airport to get a flight home to the middle east
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Emirates fly direct from GVA to Dubai, actually I think Etihad fly to AD as well. Even Qatar to Doha.

Almost anywhere should be OK as I said above, lower slopes will be firm in the AM and slushy in the afternoon...classic spring skiing.

Lovely.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@under a new name, is right for 9 years out of 10. But if you want nearly absolute certainty consider Tignes (or Val D'Isere) as alternatives to Val T. About 2 hrs 40 in a renter from GVA - just keep an eye out for the lack of late deals as Easter is late this year, you may end up paying for a week for your few days.

Also Emirates do Lyon to Dubai direct as another option for your point of arrival departure.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Verbier is always good late season, and a shorter drive from GVA than the Tarentaise resorts. 1h30-1h45 is reasonable.

You could even stay in Le Chable to shorten the drive a bit and reduce accomodation costs, although that does mean gondola up/down each day.

Like everyone else has said, either get a transfer or keep the car. 2x one-way fees (particularly cross-border) are unlikely to be pretty.

Chamonix/Argentiere is very short transfer and probably has the greatest number of flexible accommodation options, even some of the apartment agencies will happily do any-day rentals now outside the Feb half term weeks. There's never been an April when you couldn't ski on Grands Montets the whole month, although you can't always ski back to resort in a bad year.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
For a few days to VT think the only answer is keep the car. I doubt that you could do a one way booking in any event.
Or from Geneva take the train to Switzerland. You can get to Verbier that way, or head a bit further towards places like Saas Fee or, if you can afford it, Zermatt. The Swiss transfer ticket would get you there and back. Zermatt would be great for a "minimoon" and I reckon you would stand a good chance of not having to book a week's accommodation as most hotels will take shorter to bookings. It's a question of budget though!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy