Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Want to do a ski season Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Everyone,

I am currently in Munich and it is the beginning of September. I am a kiwi girl wanting to do a season in St Anton but from what I am gathering it is too early to go to there and try and find work is that right? That leads me to another thing, most of the jobs I am searching for online to work at St Anton, they want you to have NHI number and a UK bank account. I have a UK passport but i do not have a NHI number or a UK bank account so I am struggling to find jobs to apply for.

Any ideas what i should do here? What is the likelyhood of me turning up super early before the season has started and getting a job? Or does anyone know any other websites that have jobs going?

I have applied for a Canadian visa but have not heard anything for quite some time and I am adamant to work a ski season so I am heading to Austria in the meantime.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 6-09-16 11:49; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good that you have a UK passport!

Yep now is 100% too early - not much point going before the last week of November tbh.

I guess the jobs you are finding online are UK tour operator jobs, which is why they want to be able to pay you via a UK account. There are plenty of other jobs that you don't need a UK account for though - local bars etc - which are likely to pay much better than the TO's, but you'll have to pay for your own accommodation and lift pass.

Lots of people rock up and find jobs, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. I'd start by emailing all the bars and locally owned hotels now, and try and at least schedule a few interviews for late November. Once you're there, go and knock on doors.

Check Facebook too - there are several St Anton seasonnaire groups sharing info on jobs and accommodation.

Good luck!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It is to early.. November is about the time to look & also just after New Year where Employers get rid of the staff who did not perform up to expectations.

Do you speak German?

OK it not necessary in many of the UK based jobs but if you apply for Austrian Hotel Work it pays well but do not expect much time off i.e 1 day a week and lunch hour unless your working evenings.

http://www.rollingpin.at/jobs/?search[location]=St.Anton%20am%20Arlberg&orderBy=crdate

PM me i have other links

Just to warn you the Bars in St Anton receive on average 60 knock on the door enquiries for work per day leading up to Xmas.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@stanton, Unfortunately I do not speak German, just a little bit here and there. I wanted to work for the mountain as it includes accommodation but thinking that may not be possible considering i do not speak German well?

I will pm you now, cheers
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
morgs29 wrote:
@stanton, Unfortunately I do not speak German, just a little bit here and there. I wanted to work for the mountain as it includes accommodation but thinking that may not be possible considering i do not speak German well?

I will pm you now, cheers

You mean be a lift worker?

I'm not sure 'the mountain' have that many low level jobs for new season workers, it's not like the US/Canada(/NZ?) where the ski lift company owns many business in the resort.

There is a BUNCH of stuff on Facebook though: https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=st%20anton%20jobs

Inc lift work: http://www.tirolerjobs.at/jobs/seilbahnbedienstete-m-w-,1824 but you need to speak German and it's full time (not much skiing).

This is probably the best place to keep an eye on: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1385907464996568/

There's also this one: http://www.arlbergjobs.at
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As in like work for the mountain, work in the cafe, ticket cashier etc..

There are heaps of websites i have come across, majority of them are in German which i knew was going to be difficult. Bit nervous about the language barrier too.

I will just keep an eye out and find something to do in Europe in the mean time then!

P.S Wicked instagram photos you have too by the way
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@morgs29, thanks!

TBH there isn't really a language barrier in St Anton - loads of Brits, Aussies, 'Mercans, Scandinavians, etc. Everyone speaks English to cater to tourists, and in terms of workers Austrians are probably outnumbered by foreign seasonaires.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Alrighty, that is handy to know thanks very much. I think i will head to Innsbruck in the meantime, see if i can jack up some temp work there and be closer to the area and head there early November. Cheers dude
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Echo the checking out of the various Facebook groups, already been a number of adverts up for jobs this winter. You'll find it almost impossible to get work with the bergbahnen (liftie, ticket sales, certain mountain restaurants) with no German. Some of the hotels in and around town offer accommodation with the job, others you'd have to find your own. Plenty of folk rock up I'm November with neither a job nor accommodation and get sorted no problem, it's going to the right places and meeting the right people to find it.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Sitter, Yeah sweet as thank you very much, I am hoping to go there late October maybe and find some work, try get in first as I am pretty keen, currently in Germany so I'm close to Austria and don't want to travel too much as I need to save all the money I can to ensure I am able to survive incase I can't find work for a while!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@morgs29, as you're currently in Munich you could get your German up to speed a bit, before applying?

If you have a British passport, would it be impossible to get an NI number and bank account?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yeah I could but finding work in exchange for accommodation or temp work with accommodation is a little tricky this time of year as they have the Oktoberfest festival going on. From my understanding, you have to have an address in the UK and go into a bank, open up a bank account then they send your bank cards to your address and then you have to ring up and make an appt for a NI number which is a little tricky considering I am in Germany. Huge pain, I would have such an advantage if i could had a UK bank account and NI number.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Does it have to be Austria
Take a look at this amazing thread
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@nixmap, How on earth do you ski in Switzerland for free?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
morgs29 wrote:
@nixmap, How on earth do you ski in Switzerland for free?

Its a rather long story Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
It all started in 2008 with this post by arv
ski holidays
@nixmap, Surely that cant be for real, that seems way too good to be true!
latest report
I would love to go to Switzerland but it is just far too expensive!
snow report
@morgs29, tbh I'm not sure the chances of scoring temp work (without German) or short term accomm in Innsbruck will be that good - all the new students will have just arrived and taken all the cheap rooms and easy jobs...

However you can make good money at Oktoberfest - apparently some of the waitresses in the beer tents make over €2000 a week! Accommodation will be a bitch, but you might be able to find a job at one of the campsites near Munich over Oktoberfest that'll give you somewhere to stay.
snow conditions
@morgs29, btw read that thread above from the beginning - @nixmap is the one who's offering the accomm for work trade in his chalet.
snow conditions
I prefer to call it volunteering
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy