Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler - Kids Ski School

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Evening, we are off to Whistler Blackcomb at Easter 2017, will be the first Skiing outside of Europe for our kids, aged 6 and 8. they've both been skiing since they were 3 ish, and attend a ski club in the UK occasionally, so they can ski ok now.

Each year when we go away in Europe we do the usual put the kids into French Ski School (usually an independent, not ESF) for 3 hours in the morning and then ski with the kids in the afternoon. Makes for a nice holiday

For Whistler next year though, i can't work out how the ski schools work. it looks to me like they do a 9am till 3pm ski camp, every day for a HUGE amount of Canadian Dollars which varies between ski tuition and child care

anyone got any idea of how the Whistler ski schools work? we don't want child care, we want our kids to improve a little each year and to be able to ski with us parents a bit each day too
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure if there are any part-day programs for kids.
Only regular program our son was in was a week long adventure camp, Monday to Friday. He was about 5 or 6 at the time. It was pretty good. He skis in a WB weekend program now.
Can't remember what it cost, but wasn't crazy expensive. Think they also do 3 and 1-day kids lessons too. Privates, where you can do a part day, or ski with them, or whatever you want, do seem somewhat pricey!

At 6 and 8, definitely won't be just childcare. There are lots of kids that come here that probably skied from age 3 or earlier earlier and ski a lot, so higher levels will be pretty decent skiers.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 5-09-16 22:19; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don't have kids: don't know, but if no one here does then just call them up - they will be very helpful.

I see the kids at ski school in BC and it looks really good. I mean, they seem to be very well looked after (I've been paid to photograph them) and everything seems very safe and guest-focused. I would be extremely surprised if you can't get precisely what you want.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@JONR,

We have used the WB Ski School a few times - the camps are very good in my opinion (you pay for what you get). The quality of tuition as well as childcare is unrivalled. Our eldest learnt to ski when he was just over at 4 at WB - within 3 weeks (we were on a sabbatical) he could do parallel turns on the DM Downhill and hammer it down Franzs.

We found the one at Blackcomb more convenient than the one in Whistler village - slightly less busy plus you can jump straight onto the Wizard Express without having to queue for the Village Gondola.

Drop-off is straightforward - they will normally break for 1 hour at lunchtime, depending on age this will either be at base or on the mountain.

What you won't get (as you mention) is the option to have lunch and ski with them in the afternoon which is what we do now (our kids are 9 and 6). You will still manage a couple of lifts between 3 and closing time but not a full PM.

The customer services desk is a good starting point - drop them an email and explain what your preference would be. They might be able to offer something a bit more tailored?

Good luck and enjoy WB.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you everyone 😀

I'm off to call WB customer services.....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy