Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Online pre-booking ski hire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am off to Chatel in 10 days Madeye-Smiley staying near the Linga lift. I have a quick look online and can get a 29% discount from Germain Sports a Sports 2000 outlet by the lift. Can anyone advise what the shop is like and also any experiencs of booking online - I have never done it before and am a bit nervous of getting crap skis/boots etc.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I wouldn't bother. The prices will be similar in the shop and you'll be able to choose exactly what you want.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
you could look at snowrental.net you can choose the skis you want and boook them on line, alternatively wait till you get to resort, but if you are on a late flight you may be limited if the rest of the world has got there before you
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Whenever I've booked on line, the procedure in the rental shop has been exactly the same as if I hadn't. Unless it's cheaper or you're expecting difficulty in getting the kit you want, it doesn't seem necessary.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
^^^^^as richmond, says

we booked online and when we went to collect the equipment we spent the same time there as a family who paid over the counter.
However we saved 25% by doing so in advance, we went early season so we had no worries getting the skiis we wanted so unless you are going to save that kind of money I wouldnt bother
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We prebooked with Skiset, because they offered 40% discount, but when we got there the shop didn't have what we'd ordered (120cm skis with releasable bindings, Rossignol or equivalent). The shop said they couldn't refund, we'd have to go through Skiset. We have emailed and faxed Skiset since we got back, and had no response at all we are not very happy. Unfortunantely we paid by debit rather than credit card, otherwise I'd just get the money back through the card company.

However, we did find that Absolut in Avoriaz (http://www.absolut-skishop.com/) were extremely friendly and helpful, and had whay we wanted, and didn't try to talk us in having "proper" length skis (see enough of that here thank you!! Little Angel ). I think they said if you book with them they don't ask for prepayment either. We'd definitely use them again.

So, I guess I would recommend phoning the shop first to double check they've got what you want. And pay by credit card.

Ant
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy