Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to spend January with baby and wife?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

I'm looking to get away with the wife and baby daughter (she will be 14 months old at the time) for the whole of January. We have spend considerable time in both Serre Chevalier and Morzine and we planning on going to Serre Che this time around, but thinking about it there may be quite a bit of time spent not on the hill as we now have the little one so we're thinking that perhaps we may not have enough to keep her entertained in Serre Che for this long (gutted as I absolutely love it there)?!

I'm wondering if anyone has any tips of where may be good to look into visiting at this time of year with baby please? We're thinking about somewhere in the 3 valleys possibly but open to suggestions. The things we need I guess are as follows:

Good terrain,
Good apres (we will have friends out with us so there will be trips to the pub on the cards Wink ),
Good facilities for the baby (indoor play, maybe a swimming pool etc),
Good childcare so occasional the wife and I could ride together,
Good access from the UK (we will be driving).
Anything else you can think of that may be useful.

Thanks in advance.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would have thought SC would be OK? It has a pool? At that age she'll probably be walking and, suitably kitted out with good quality clothing, boots and mitts, will enjoy playing in the snow. Just poking it with a stick, using a little spade to fill buckets, etc.

With one exception my grandchildren all enjoyed sledging at that age, too. And the exception, who hated the "slidey out of control" feeling loved trying to pull her teddy round on a sledge.

Incidentally, I have quite a few pairs of "infant" mitts, which are in very good condition (they never fit for long!) which I'd be happy to send you for a modest donation to Snowheads.

With a bit of imagination you can create a little "soft play" area in your accommodation and if going by car maybe take one of those small plastic slides. She'll be just the right age for that. http://www.kiddicare.com/p/Smoby_Cars_2_Extra_Small_Slide.htm?product_id=144472 Often found very cheaply on Gumtree etc.

To me, one of the key requirements, would be accommodation with direct (through one door if possible) access to somewhere snowy and safe for her to play in. You don't want to be carting a 14 month old and her bits and pieces up and down stairs too often.

Washing machine and drier would make life a lot easier, too.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@searle.matt, I'm with PamW that there should be plenty for a 14 month old to do. There's a new indoor pool in Villeneuve. There's a marked off sledging area at the bottom of the pistes in Monetier (and probably other villages) http://www.serre-chevalier.com/en/winter/about-the-valley/family/skiing/ and it's such a good resort to get around from village to village with the ski bus, which has bus in the evening until around 11. Creche facilities are good too.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Can't agree more. Serre Chevalier gets my vote too.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all for the replies! Basically gave me some ammo to send back to the wife as I'm desperate to get back to Serre Che, and would like to buy a place there so this is a perfect opportunity to look at some places Wink! The new pool in Villeneuve is a big plus and something I wasn't aware of as it's been a few years since I was last there!

Thanks again all!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
http://eurekaski.com/serre-chevalier-children/ Hi Matt, that's just one of my website pages about Serre Che and having brought up two kids in Serre Che I think you'll all have a great time. Please contact me if you need any help!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy