Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aircraft noise Innsbruck

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking at booking an apartment in the areal called Völs, just off the Völser Landesstraße to the west of the airport. It is a nice apartment and will save me 35% on the cost of one near Nordkette, but I'm a bit concerned about potential noise. It's only for 3 nights but we'll be self catering so expect to be around at meal times at least. I know Innsbruck is hardly Heathrow (we're having to fly the Verona...), but is it likely to be a problem, or will I be cursing the flying metal tubes?

I should note that I have never lived close enough to an airport for it to make much difference to me, but I used to work in Headingley which while quite a few miles from the airport, it is directly under the approach and therefore really quite loud, so I know it's not necessarily proximity but direction that can make the difference.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If it's winter and the apartment is well insulated with triple glazed windows, would it really be a problem? I imagine that there are not many movements in and out of Innsbruck after dark.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@pam w, Sorry should've said, October so not really winter. This is a city visit not a ski holiday, unfortunately no skiing will be involved.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I suspect Innsbruck, never the busiest of airports anyway, is pretty dead in shoulder season without charter flights to swell the ranks. I really wouldn't worry.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Scarlet, looking at the map you are going to be in the flightpath or very close to it so the sound insulation of the very property will be a factor. Also had a look at the airport website, there are only 21 flights in and out tomorrow and the busiest day is Saturday with 46, so, not exactly Heathrow, not even Leeds Bradford tbh. As @Dave of the Marmottes suggests about 70% of Saturday seems to be charter to and from the Med so most of that will have stopped by October and the ski flights will still be 6 weeks away even by the end of the month. Maybe PM clarky999 as he will be most likely to have some insight.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Scarlet, I can't say I've ever spent much time in Völs, but I can't imagine there are that many flights coming/going at that time of year!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Most of the flights fly in from the East and mostly depart back to the East. Very rarely do they take off going west towards the mountains, strange as it may seem using normal flight/wind direction.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
In winter no flights are allowed to take off after 8pm except with the express permission of the Mayor. Not sure if the same rule applies in October, but it won't be that busy as others have said.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Scarlet, we've camped in Völs (in the summer, for 5 nights) and not found aircraft to be a problem.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks everyone for the reassurance – if you can camp and not be bothered, then it can't be that bad! We won't be there on a weekend anyway, and should be out most of the day. I'll get it booked.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy