Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler or Blackcombe village

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
any on have any thoughts on the better place to stay? I have booked flights to be there 7th jan to 17th jan but not sure where to stay. not looking for night life but maybe just a few places to eat pub type food in the evening.
Its a bit late for this questions as i have already booked but what is the typical snow for this time of year.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Blackcombe Village much, much quieter see this thread:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2829583&highlight=#2829583

Stayed in blackcombe village at whiskey jacks and loved it. Was there 3rd week of Jan 16 and snow was good rather than epic, but some amazing runs. You will have a ball whichever you choose.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@MogulMonkey, or Creekside? The original part of Whistler, with a quiet buzz about the place that's a bit different to 'Disneyland' Whistler. Still the same easy access to the mountain. Cheap busses or taxis run most of the night for nights out in town, but also good restaurants and bars in Creekside.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's "Blackcomb".

From a practical point of view it doesn't make much difference - what you see is what you get. Like shops and noisy things: stay in the village. Everything else, no need to do that.

Weather... if I knew in advance then I'd probably make tons of money from that information. From memory... the last couple of seasons... well there's been plenty of snow on the pistes at that time but the off piste wasn't great (they were late turning the machine on). The season before that the early season was the best all year - unusually cold and dry powder for xmas. Before that... well every season's different.

The depths of winter are a good time to go to BC, although the days are shorter so you want to get going when it's light and not back bottom about with the crowds at lunchtime. Expect precip. In whistler, it may have some moisture content.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@MogulMonkey, Oops it was Creekside I stayed, not Blackcomb - Creekside was great but having to stay in whistler village (Keg 😜) next year, terrible hardship I know.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's a short walk from Blackcomb to the Village. Personally I prefer to stay at Blackcomb base.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy