Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Obergurgl Ski School

jerv2606
jerv2606
We've booked to go to Obergurgl this winter and are after recommendations of what ski school to book lessons with? We are thinking about booking private lessons, are they generally worth the extra cost?
Jerv
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For what ages? and what abilities?
latest report
 jerv2606
jerv2606
It will just be my wife and I, both late twenties. She's had 2 weeks previous experience and I've had just 1 week, we both ski regularly at out local snowdome. My wife was comfortable on most blue runs in Tignes this easter and I was okay on them apart from the steeper ones. I think the main thing I need to work is confidence, which is why my preference is for private lessons, so they are more tailored to my individual needs, rather than a group.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Others will be better able to advise on the actual ski schools. I seem to remember that Skischool Obergurgl is just about the only game in town. As for group or private then I'd probably suggest group. The cost of private lessons is pretty terrifying and you would probably struggle with availability in busy times. I'd go with group. More fun too.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@jerv2606,there are a few choices of ski school. I booked private lessons with Ski School Obergurgl and got a fellow called Josef Riml who is a local and skied there all his life. A great instructor two half days with him really helped.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy