Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Apres ski in Lech

Poster: A snowHead
We .(.family and friends ranging from 20 's to 70 's..)were thinking of going to Lech next January , what is the Apres ski like there ? we like the real cheesy stuff!! any info would be gratefully received Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
St Anton is cheesy and rowdy.

Lech is quiet and middlemarket.

Oberlech is quiet and upmarket.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Then avoid Lech! There's none of that. Better going to St Anton or to another resort like Soll or Ischgl
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@alicia, I was there early season last year - the main street is full of pavement and umbrella bars for the apres hours. A couple of later opening bars with music etc., but I wasn't aware of anything like Krazy Kangaruh or Nederhutte, if that's more what you're after? The skiing was excellent though, even in mid-December, and it's a classy resort, with some lovely shops and hotels.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lech isn't at all like St Anton for the Apres, thank goodness. However it is very good for the apes bars in the village centre. The Romantik Krone beside the river is superb for it's sophisticated setting and traditional musical fare. Directly opposite is the Tannbergerhof, with live music sometimes in the usual 'cheesey' Austrian style as well as more poppy covers. The Krone also has live music 2 nights a week with a 'pop' duo who do some trad Austrian apres tunes and a very traditional 3 piece in Lederhosen doing even more traditional stuff. The Schengerai at the foot of the slopes also has live bands on sometimes. For very sedate music, visit the Arlberg Hotel (Princess Di's favorite in the Alps). The Alten Goldenerberg up in Oberlech also has a very traditional band playing mid afternoon sometimes. There are also some live music events up in Zurs and the free bus runs till the early hours of the morning to bring you back to Lech.

Best location in the Arlberg is LECH. Give it a go!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
For the ultimate Austrian apres go to Ischgl (every bar in the town) or Saalbach (Hinterhag Alm).

Or if you're really keen on the Arlberg, go to St Anton (Mooserwirt/Krazy Kangaruh/Piccadilly etc etc) rather than Lech.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@HoneyBunny,
Quote:

or Saalbach (Hinterhag Alm).

That's not what you said the first time I dragged you in! wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@alicia, If you want mega apres then Lech isn't for you.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@alicia, IIRC you've been to Zell am See many times as I'm sure we've both commented on threads about it. Another one to consider would be Obergurgl. I've been there for the last two seasons after getting fed up with poor-ish conditions at Zell. Its not chocolate box pretty like Zell, more high alpine magnificent. The Apres is fabulous at the Nederhutte but not much goes on after the actual Apres time as the village is mainly the hotels and folks tend to stay in them of an evening so no real nightlife. Still, fabulous skiing conditions and lots of easy slopes. Otherwise I would think Saalbach. I have thought of Lech for this year too but its bl88dy dear!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@alicia, I've stayed in Oberlech a couple of times and St Anton 6 or so. Apres in Lech is not a patch on St Anton, Saalbach/Hinterglemm or Ischgl. Lech tends to be Bogner clad folks drinking fizz, as opposed to dancing in your ski boots type apres. Given that there is a large group of you I am sure you could make your own apres. Lech/Oberlech is a fantastic place to stay and don't forget to do the toboggan run at night from Oberlech if you do go - absolutely great fun.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Given that there is a large group of you I am sure you could make your own apres.

I'm not sure about this...I've been a few times now with a group of friends my age (20's) and Lech has to be the worst place for apres ski...(well, after Zurs). We exhausted everywhere and without atmosphere, it's just not the same as listening to pretty awful schlager music and dancing on tables by midday a la Soll, Livigno, Ischgl or even St Anton
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
moseyp:- 'friends my age (20's) and Lech has to be the worst place for apres ski'-------- Too true. Almost all the 20 somethings I've come across in 12 seasons in the Alps are only interested in getting as much alcohol down their necks as they can before passing out. Then Lech very definitely isn't for those types. It is for intelligent people who know how to have a good time without the need to drink to excess. There is plenty of apres ski activity in Lech for those who care to find it. As well as the aforementioned early evening sophisticated apres, there is the 'Irish' bar in the Tannberg Cellar, the night club under the Krone and the club in the Strolz ;arcade. (Can't remember the name). It isn't Soll Livigno, Ischgl or St Anton and all the better for that. It is for GROWN UPS.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Old Man Of Lech, you're hilarious!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I know!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thank you for all the replies ...they have been very helpful , we are still trying to decide

snowHead
snow conditions
@alicia, Saalbach has been awarded 5 (out of 5) stars for its apres-ski cheese by ADAC (the German equivalent of the AA) (that's Automobile Assoc. not Alcoholics Anon.)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy