Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dry ski slope recommendations near Amesbury, Wiltshire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anybody recommend a dry ski slope for beginner adult and Childs lessons near Amesbury, Wiltshire?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@NickyJ, probably Southampton I would have thought?

but take a look at the below link, I assume it is up to date

http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/infoandadvice/uksnowsports/ukslopesmap.aspx#.V7RGX3LwtMs

cheers
terry
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try searching here.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Either Snowtrax in Christchurch, or Southampton would be closest.

Snowtrax possibly has the better reputation and facilities (i.e. bar/cafe). Southampton is by comparison fairly basic.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bracknell, Snowtrax and Southampton all about an hour away.
Churchill and Gloucester a bit further.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
How old are the kids? Have you seem the new magic carpets at Snowtrax? They will be great for little ones.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes, I have use Snowtrax and that was my first reaction as we have used it with our children, though have no experience for adult beginners with them personally. However I was conscious that it is a lot longer drive for my friends who live in Amesbury than it is for us, so wanted to check there wasn't somewhere better ? As good which is closer to them.

Their girls is turning five in September.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
terrygasson wrote:

... take a look at the below link, I assume it is up to date

http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/infoandadvice/uksnowsports/ukslopesmap.aspx#.V7RGX3LwtMs

It isn't e.g. it still includes Bromley, which closed this year.
However it does seem it has been reasonably recently updated as they have now removed Sheffield and another long closed centre (Uxbridge?) that were on the map as recently as this year.
Edit: It was High Wycombe not Uxbridge that was still there. That was in March, so must have been updated since then.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 17-08-16 21:32; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Southampton every time, Christchurch is over priced and has a crippling lift.
My daughters bf did a ski taster session at Soton and was hooked. Then did a learn to ski in a day there which was excellent his progression was impressive. (I have posted on here about it before)
Best route to Soton from Amesbury is along A303 and down A34/M3. (Ski slope is off The Avenue in Southampton it has an unmarked car park down a lane at the back) Its longer but quicker than fighting through Salisbury and then crossing Southampton.
If friends know the road they could also go back route down through Cholderton, Test Valley, Romsey, Soton.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@boredsurfin,
I agree about the lift for adults (it's OK for kids), but Snowtrax is cheaper. You can argue which is better value.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy