Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler Après

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok so me and a few friends have been thinking about going Whistler but personally I have concerns about going due to the Après or what seems to be lack of it. A colleague of mine said she didn't dance once in her ski boots! I've looked at videos on YouTube and its looks very relaxed and completely different to the European style. Everyone sitting down casually sipping their beer and eating nachos.
We're used to European skiing with a bit more of a party scene.

Do the Canadians know how to après? Or should we stick to Europe?

I'm thinking St Anton, Austria as an alternative.[/b]
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've spent a lot of time in Chamonix, and have occasionally being accused of living in Chambre Neuf, so I do like my apres...

But last winter I did 2 weeks in Whistler, yay! The apres isn't quite on the same scale, but I was definitely dancing on tables in ski boots! Not as often though.

Merlin's on a Friday is the big night for that - closest to European apres parties. Not quite as crowded though - but they have jugs of beer, shot skis, live band, and lots of dancing.

There are plenty of other bars, and some late night clubs, so you won't lack for variety of a party.

It depends what you need - if it's Mooserwirt/Folie D/Chambre Neuf full on party every single night, you'd probably be disappointed. If it's a variety of entertainment and bars - then it's all there.

I loved it, and hope to go back this winter!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There are plenty of places to go but as "the mountain" owns a lot of them they tend to move (spread) it out round the village and include Dustys too which is in Creekside hence a bus back to the Village.
Pick up the free Pique news paper (on line piquesnewsmagazine.com) to see what is on where.
Going to be a bit of a shock next year at only 1.7 to the £ from the 2 we got last year though.

If you want the best discounts get it booked before the end of August; next break point is before mid November for discounts. We have our booked.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Longhorn gets pretty rowdy and as above Friday night when the Aussie lifties get paid and get everything out makes Merlins pretty hectic. The action is probably larger later when places like Moe Joes, whatever the Savage Beagle is now called and the cougarfest at Buffalo Bills kick off.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Much as I'd love to go to Whistler, if apres is your thing, go to Ischgl. Nowhere in the world has better apres, even Saalbach and St Anton and they are pretty banging.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@samshardz, this^^^^
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy