Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Folgarida Marilleva - any clues as to flights and transfers?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I'm hoping to join some friends out in Folgarida Marilleva next feb. Wonder if anyone has been there and can advise on nearest airport and tips on transfers?

Ta Happy

Dave snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Verona or Venice, but I believe the journey is fairly straight forward from Innsbruck.
If you can get a flight into Bolzano, you're dancing!

Looking at a 2 1/2 hour transfer...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've messed around in that area a fair bit.
I'd say Verona was easiest.
From there it's really easy (and cheap) to get up there by train.
About an hour up to Trento on the mainline. Then grab the municipal service up to Malè for Folgarida or, if you're going to Marilleva, it has its own station.
This last leg is effectively free: http://www.valdisole.net/en/Dolomiti-Express/
Quote:
Throughout the winter, there are numerous trains with convenient schedules that allow you to reach the Val di Sole slopes free of charge on the Dolomiti Express. That’s because Funivie Folgarida Marilleva is offering a discount on the daily ski pass for Folgarida-Marilleva that is equivalent to the price of a return train ticket to all skiers who take the Dolomiti Express to come to Daolasa or Marilleva 900.
To promote use of the train parking at the Trento station of the Trento-Malè-Marilleva railway will also be free.
In Trento, the terminal of the Trento-Malè-Marilleva 900 railway is just a few metres from the Trenitalia (Italian Rail) station: you simply alight from a high-speed train or Intercity, walk a few metres and board the Dolomiti Express.

btw. If your train from Verona stops at (the relatively obscure) Mezzocorona, that's a more efficient place to change onto the Val di Sole line than Trento itself.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Gotta love this forum - thanks for the instant replies.

I'd also found the Admin suggestions on another thread too. looks like a good route.

D
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi, I've skied Marileva many times, the closest airport is Bergamo, Verona is the next nearest. Transfer from Bergamo is approx 2 hours. I've usually hired a car & driven. But I have used flyskishuttle.com, they operate from both these airports, but only on Sat/Sun. Quite reasonably priced especially when compared to French transfers.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy