Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Beginner resorts for a short break??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just returned with my girlfriend from her first ever ski trip…….and she said she will go again-ASAP!!
We thinking of just going for a long week end, so we are looking for a resort that is accessible for a short break but more importantly the resort must be suitable for a enthusiastic, but nervous second weaker!!! Any thoughts, advice would be much appreciated.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Louis, Le Tour springs to mind (as it was the answer to someone else's question earlier also). It is mainly cruisy blues and easy reds and there is a lovely tree-lined blue run down to Les Esserts, all of which my kids loved as 2nd weekers. It is just up the valley from Chamonix, which is an easy 1.0 - 1.5 hours from Geneva.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you can get a FlyBe flight to Bern, anywhere in the Jungfrau region, the connecting bus means the region is just 1 hour away, and Bern airport is great, time from landing till terminal exit 10 minutes !

Jungfrau region has plenty of Blue and Red runs plus great scenery and nice hotels, If you can get to Southampton airport you could fly out on Friday morning get to resort arround 3pm then leave on Monday at 11am get back to the uk about 3pm
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Assuming Luton as the start point by air:

Les Carroz, La Clusaz, Les Gets ( GVA) Isola2000, (Nice) , Serre Chevalier (Turin) ... perhaps? Probably most important to get flights and Ground Transport and work from there?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Avoriaz is good too, and easily accessible by bus. Not sure how easy it is to get a weekend booking as opposed to a full week. Might need to phone around in the week before you go. Alternatively, www.skiweekender.com does short trips (we have one booked for later in the season), and is based between La Clusaz and Le Grand Bornand. Never been to either, but the post above suggests La Clusaz is good.

eEvans, how easy is it to get to SC from Turin?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Louis,

La Clusaz is an excellent resort for weekend skiing as it is easy to get too - just an hour transfer from Geneva! So if you travel Thursday night and back on Monday night you get a whole 4 days on the slopes.

It's a picturesque resort, with fab restaurants, bars and a typical french feel. It offers loads of skiing and boarding for all levels.

www.gravite.co.uk - offers more info on La Clusaz and prices on weekend skiing based in a catered chalet only 5 minutes walk from the pistes!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Louis wrote:
Just returned with my girlfriend from her first ever ski trip…….and she said she will go again-ASAP!!
We thinking of just going for a long week end, so we are looking for a resort that is accessible for a short break but more importantly the resort must be suitable for a enthusiastic, but nervous second weaker!!! Any thoughts, advice would be much appreciated.

How about Megeve or St Gervais? They're very easy access from Geneva and the terrain ought to be ideal.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We have just done a short brake to Valmorel which is only an hour away from Chambery. We left Manchester at 8 and where on the slopes by 2. The slopes are great for a beginner. It is a purpose built ski village and car free. No time is wasted getting from the hotel to the slopes. (1 minute). It is also reasonably priced, hot chocolates being between 3€ & 3.5€. We went with a friend who had only skiied once before and she found it fantastic. If interested you could try the Hotel Du Bourg,.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As everyone else is suggesting places in France, I'll jump in and suggest the Ski Welt in Austria. There is a huge amount of skiing there (250km), nearly all of which is perfect for second-weekers to build up their confidence on. Plenty of hotels and B&Bs are happy to acept short stays - I'm off to Ellmau on Sunday for three nights.

Ryanair fly to Salzburg from Stansted and if you hire a car or take a taxi (around 120EUR each way) you can be in any of the resorts (Ellmau, Soll, etc) in an hour or so. You could also take a train to nearby St Johann but that would take a bit longer.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'll chip in with Courmayeur as well
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'd vote for the austrian resorts around salzburg - just come back from a great weekend in schladming and as conditions this year are good (so altitude not an issue) the gentler tree lined runs most austrian resorts around there offer make them a good choice - plus lots of guesthouses so easy to get weekend accomodation?

aj xx
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
You need somewhere close to the airport for a short break. This year Italy hasn't seemed to have fared so well with snow? (and particularly wouldn't fly to Turin at present anyway!). Lots of resorts near Geneva but tickets are expensive. I'd consider Engelberg near Basel airport. Lots around Salzburg too and snow's been good this year. Obertauern, Schladming/Kaprun?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy