Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arc Day Trip Round 2

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So some of you may remember I took my Dad for a day trip back in January for his 65th Birthday. Long story short we got delayed for nearly 6 hrs and it took the morning away from us on the slopes. Due to the delays Eurostar gave me a voucher for £224. Having a quick browse on the site today and I can get the dates I want for £150 return PP. Just need to convince the other half a little more. Crazy ass idea but would love to experience the full day.

CRAZY! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It is. But it's also admirable! Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hopefully it will be run like clockwork 2nd time round. Other half is up for the "adventure" so lets do this!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Go for it @chrisrawles, you got unlucky last time, I bet this time it'll go like a dream.

Wish I could sleep in the reclining chairs of the Eurostar as I'd do this kind of thing too - I'm still looking at the sleeper options myself.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Handy Turnip, I am thinking about upgrading the to Standard Premier for the outbound trip just to make sure some sleep is had. Would be an extra £80
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Makes perfect sense, especially as you've got the voucher from Eurostar.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@chrisrawles, I think that might be £80 well spent.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
chrisrawles - Old Topic = Day trip to the Alps - Booked wrote:
I can pretty much tell you now what its going to cost:

Eurostar - £149PP Rtn
Equipment hire - £12 PP (early booking discount with Alpine Resorts)
Day lift pass - £30-40 PP
Funicular - Included with lift pass
Train to Kings X - £10 PP if I use my railcard

Then it depends what you spend on food and drinks while you are there.

Not the cheapest but i'm looking forward to seeing my Dad's face when I give him his birthday present.

What did your final figure come in at?
My old man is coming up 60 in 2018 ... this sounds like a great bit of craic!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@letsgetpiste, The figures I originally posted were very close to that. I took 100 Euro spends with me as well but made him pay for the meals Laughing Laughing

My lift pass was £40 I think and his was cheaper due to his age.

I reckon it was about £250 PP in the end.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
chrisrawles wrote:
@letsgetpiste, The figures I originally posted were very close to that. I took 100 Euro spends with me as well but made him pay for the meals Laughing Laughing

My lift pass was £40 I think and his was cheaper due to his age.

I reckon it was about £250 PP in the end.

That sounds entirely reasonable for a big present and an adventure! I'll be watching this years post... hope it all goes well Smile
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@letsgetpiste, So do I as it took ages to convince the other half! LOL
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@chrisrawles, Come back and try again. If you want any help when you get to Les Arcs let me know.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy