Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing alone

Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of going skiing 18 December alone for about 4 nights I will have finished a contract so wil have time to get a cheeky ski before Christmas tried a few friends but are all busy or have comitments,I have green light from the boss at home so can go will fly into Geneva And then can go anywhere ,any ideas never been away on my own before so nervous about skiing alone apres eating alone etc I,m 49 and a good skier any advice or recomadations welcome thanks Charlie Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@charlie26, one option is to book last minute into a chalet where you'll have company.
It can be easier if you have someone to book a twin room with (and such people can often be found skulking around these parts) but often, last minute, operators will forego single supplements to fill a bed.
Also check out the snowBuddy for snowHeads who are already out at that time. PM them, see what plans they have and pick a destination where you know you'll have a starting point of someone to share a beer or a few runs with.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Go where you'll get snow, and the fact you're "nervous" indicates you'll probably be suitably canny and hence just fine. Sometmes, just sometimes, there are benefits from doing your very own thing when skiing (from one who has dared to!) ...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lots of recent discussion on this topic.... http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=127712&highlight=alone

General view is you'll have a great time!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i"ve been skiing on my own loads of times, its nice to be able to do what you want when you want, i"ve always booked up a chalet so theres company at mealtimes, the only downside to it is if you have an accident on the slopes, then you can feel very lonely, but overall its a great experience
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@charlie26, do it man! I go boarding alone all the time, it's great! For 4 nights you might struggle with regular tour ops so books some flights and get looking on booking.com. Don't worry about eating alone, if you aren't the sociable type bring a laptop or tablet and some media to enjoy in the evenings and a good book Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yup, I've skied on my own a lot and it's pretty easy to strike up conversations on lifts and in restaurants and bars.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@charlie26, what @Scarpa says. I have never had problems being lonely when on a solo skiing trip. Over the years I have met some really interesting and fun people. Often I have skied with them the next day
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi @charlie26,

If you're thinking about a chalet option we've got some spaces in Chalet Campanules for those dates, and I can do you a single room with no supplement. Details via the link below. . .
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Myself and partner are going to Val Thorens for 3 nights on the 18th of December. Just booked a hotel through booking.com and a flight into Geneva. Lots of British bars like the Frog and Roast Beef there that will have people about in the evenings to strike up a conversation with including all the bar staff. I've been there solo before and ended up skiing with the bar staff the next day. Booked there as it's so snow sure but snow looking even better now so hoping to ski over to Meribel and Courcheval for the day.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Charlie, don't be nervous about it. I've done it many times and a four-day trip is just about perfect for a solo jaunt.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you book with Snow and Sunshine, give me a shout as I ski by myself generally and I'll be in La Plagne. No idea what I'll be working, but there's bound to be a day or so I'll have free Smile (I'm an average skier. I'm not brave having duffed up both knees, but am capable of getting down most runs - might not be pretty but I can do it! Smile )
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
As I posted on the other thread, I went skiing last Christmas on my own and well worth it. 4 days will be a doddle as long as you don't completely hate yourself! Easy to have conversations with people on lifts etc. and eating alone isn't that tricky. I didn't do any apres though as was already over my budget just by being there, evenings were generally a case of a few cheap lagers in front of the telly.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There comes a time in life when a few cheap lagers in front of the telly is apres at its wildest!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@esaw1, its not usually when you're 30 though.
latest report
Get in touch with the Ski Station by Brevent telepherique in Chamonix. Always people to ski with. Usually opens on the 18th December and will be quietish then, have couple of private rooms if you cant face a dorm. Has a nice little eatery across the road. Telepherique is 20 metres away so you've got all Brevent and Flegere linked areas literally from falling out of bed. Simple enough walk across town to Aguille du Midi cablecar if you need something epic. Easy connection from Geneva too. For a 4 day trip could be ideal. wink
snow report
Hi Charlie, I'm in the same position of thinking of a cheeky few days boarding before Xmas. Which resort were you looking at?
ski holidays
@charlie26, got a room in our B&B, probably got others staying too. Check out the website and see if it suits. Contact Nina and remind her you saw it here on snowHead 's for a good price with no supplement. Paul.
ski holidays
Not sure where to go yet hopefully somewhere snow sure open to all ideas Very Happy
snow report
Done it going skiing 18 December for 4 nights catered chalet in la plagne nervous but looking forward to some early season snow. BRING ON THE SNOW Very Happy
snow conditions
Just booked 17-23rd Dec with UCPA in Val d'Isere. First holiday alone in a very long time but as long as there's snow and I don't share with a bunch weirdos it should be great. So excited Smile
snow conditions
charlie26 wrote:
Done it going skiing 18 December for 4 nights catered chalet in la plagne nervous but looking forward to some early season snow. BRING ON THE SNOW Very Happy

Which bit of La Plagne?
snow report
Once again: pop your details into the snowbuddy to let other snowHeads know you're about and contactable snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy