Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Brand New Womens Volkl Chiara £103

Poster: A snowHead
If you happen to want 148cm or 162cm.

They are 2013 skis, but include bindings and postage.

Quite unbelievable as a deal, IMO, for a ski of this quality. RRP £494.

https://www.absolute-snow.co.uk/V/Volkl_Chiara_Womens_Skis_148cm_Purple_Marker_4Motion_2013-(116900) - note you are going to need to copy this url including the bit in the brackets at the end, can't get the clickable url to show up right.

Plus, and no idea if this is intentional or even an error, there is a free ski bag with the purchase that (obviously in theory) is worth £39 so might not be utterly pap.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Possibly missing the bigger news that they have a pair of Gotamas cheap like a budgie and if you really want to put hairs on your chest the Movement Superturbo.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Dave of the Marmottes, Gotamas - do you also get a sherpa to carry them about for you in the price? OK if you're stood on them but a tad heavy for throwing about and carrying?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Working link: http://bit.ly/2aIbHc2 (brackets?! WTF)

I have skied these in the 162 (I'm 163 tall) and can confirm that they are an excellent ski and this is truly a bargain! The only reason I don't own a pair is because the usual price is £150 more than my Atomic Storms. Worth noting that there is some moulding going on at the ski/binding interface, so the bindings can't be swapped out as easily as with standard flat skis.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Digger the dinosaur, thank you. have got meself some new skis Very Happy
Not the chiara, too much for me, got some cheap soft skis for the cheap soft skier I am.

Incidentally, the blurb says free ski bag with orders over £100, mine (less than £100) arrived today in one of their ski bags, not at all shabby.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just to mention the 162cm is now at £98.99 - think this means no free ski bag but still a very good deal. Pair turned up last week and they feel like a really good ski. Follow Scarlet's link and change the length in the dropdown to see the 162s.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Digger the dinosaur, bit short for you though?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Scarlet, I have a tame dwarf that is allowed to follow me around the piste. That's why we got on so well, I am used to having a little person behind me as I ski around Very Happy And frankly I'd ski a 162 if it was stiff enough, and I reckon these might be!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Digger the dinosaur, I think you're confused. What you mean is that you are used to following a little person around NehNeh

They're stiff-ish for a more "advanced" women's ski (quotes to indicate marketing bs rather than reality), but they got nothing on the Preachers so I think you'd be disappointed. Although they'd still be a massive improvement on that pair of purple lolly sticks that I assume you've shifted on by now?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Can't see the 162 listed, the 148 shows as Our Price: £247.47
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@kitenski, probably sold out Sad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Scarlet, sold out at the cheaper price but available for £247.47???
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@kitenski, not sure what you're getting at? The selection of different lengths was for the same ski but different years, therefore different prices. The really cheap ones were a few seasons old.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Scarlet, Simples really - I see the 2013 ski in 148 for £247.47 whereas this thread said they should be £103
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@kitenski, ah. Digger didn't put the price in the OP, but I think this is what they were back then, and we called it a bargain because they're normally £450 ish. Since then the price dropped on the 162s and they subsequently sold out.
ski holidays
@kitenski, yes, the shorter ones I think now at higher price, the 162 must have now sold out too. They were all kinds of different prices for different seasons/lengths.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy